Poll's Forum Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Post Dominican Republic was involved in the independence of the USA

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Interesting!!!!!!!!!!

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

I was in Savanah this spring (a day before getting hit by car) and there is a monument (maybe two) dedicated to both Haiti and DR for the troup support durinng the war. I was shocked to see it... made me smile.

Bob K

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

One way of looking at history but the Dominican Republic didn't exist then. This was more the Spanish and the French devising ways to kick-out the British from America and maintain/expand there own empires.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

One way of looking at history but the Dominican Republic didn't exist then. This was more the Spanish and the French devising ways to kick-out the British from America and maintain/expand there own empires.

so by your standard every conflict before Americas independance is attribituted to a bunch of Europeans killing some Indians or kicking another bunch of Europeans @ss.anytime someone post anything positive about DR It has to be shot down or downplayed by "haters".The DR has enough negative to talk about.Thank you Nals havent heard this in a while.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you for your thoughtful contribution DRdaddy. From what I wrote I cannot understand how you derived your conclusions.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bob K View Post
    I was in Savanah this spring (a day before getting hit by car) and there is a monument (maybe two) dedicated to both Haiti and DR for the troup support durinng the war. I was shocked to see it... made me smile.

Bob K
    Savanah Georgia? if so where in Savanah is the monument?

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

very interesting! GREAT POST and an interesting piece of history! I learned something new today!

engineerfg

I agree with the proxy battle theory posted above, that this was just spain + france + england's issue, and is hardly a point for 'Dominican Pride'.

Besides if it was, it's hardly a shining light of American-Dominican relations, you know, after all those invasions and exploitations thereafter...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast