Any ideas...

skinny36

Mar 2, 2010
hello I have been travelling back and fourth to the dr for years and I have a few good friends. I am looking to bring some "gifts" nothing crazy but small gifts for thanking people for feeding me etc...my question is..is there anything that is really hard to get in the dr that would be good for a gift~besides money of course!! :)

bachata

Aprendiz de todo profesional de nada
Aug 18, 2007
Sneakers, blue jeans, watches,wallets, Black berry, I phone, laps top etc.

I would like an I phone.:cheeky:

JJ

greydread

Platinum
Jan 3, 2007
hello I have been travelling back and fourth to the dr for years and I have a few good friends. I am looking to bring some "gifts" nothing crazy but small gifts for thanking people for feeding me etc...my question is..is there anything that is really hard to get in the dr that would be good for a gift~besides money of course!! :)

If you live in the US go on a shopping spree at Marshalls, TJ Maxx, Ross or one of the outlet shops and buy heavily discounted designer cologne, designer clothing off the clearance rack and designer accessories. You can bring really nice gifts for a dozen people for under $200 US.

I brought a bottle of Dior cologne for the front desk guy who always gets me the best accommodations where I stay and he's still smiling. It cost $14 at Marshalls ($35 at the Duty Free).

Shiraz72

Bronze
Feb 10, 2010
If you live in the US go on a shopping spree at Marshalls, TJ Maxx, Ross or one of the outlet shops and buy heavily discounted designer cologne, designer clothing off the clearance rack and designer accessories. You can bring really nice gifts for a dozen people for under $200 US.

I brought a bottle of Dior cologne for the front desk guy who always gets me the best accommodations where I stay and he's still smiling. It cost $14 at Marshalls ($35 at the Duty Free).

Good idea and sometimes they advertise designer fragrance and clothing liquidation sales in the local news papers... They have them once every couple of months at the sports arena close to where I live... they must have em elsewhere too. You can get Givenchy and Dior etc.. for less than $20 a bottle. They sell cosmetics and other beauty products too. When I come down I always bring toiletries and children's clothing new and gently used.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
One thing that is always very welcome [for women] are products from Bath & Body Works. Sometimes they have great online sales. Everyone knows the products, which aren't readily available in DR [I heard they are finally sold in some stores]. Most popular are the bath gels, body lotion, fragrance sprays. Stick with the vanilla scents, there are several of them.

AE

skinny36

Mar 2, 2010
Thank you to all of your with "reasonable" response ~ I guess toiletries are the way to go!