Stay way from Licey...

bachata

Aprendiz de todo profesional de nada
Aug 18, 2007
I don;t want to post link but want is going on in Licey; Yesterday and today the police and the population is going for a situation similar to a civil war.

JJ

CFA123

Silver
May 29, 2004
I drove thru Licey once in the middle of a huelga... learned my lesson!!

Friend in the car with me called his amiga in Santiago... "We're gonna dieeee!".
He called her back later that night asking why she had not called to check on us. She said "I didn't see your body on tv, so I figured you survived".

Reactions: ExtremeR

bachata

Aug 18, 2007
The people is asking for the construction of some roads to be complete, the thing is that during the last electoral campaign the party in the government removed the pave in theses roads in order to fix them as they were in bad shape, same they did in the parking lot of my mother's apartment in "La Villa Olimpica" Santiago, but after the election the equipments and the personal that was working in theses projects never showed up again and now people is suffering the consequence of the dirty roads.
Just figure out; when is raining the mud and when is not the dust in the air anytime a vehicle passe in front of their homes.
Now when is raining my mother has to set a plastic bag in each one of her foot to walk out to the mean road to catch a carro publico this way when she get to work the shoes are still clean.:disappoin

JJ

bachata

Aug 18, 2007
Watch this video, you don't to be in the middle of this situation...
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ajw5GNR7AaU?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ajw5GNR7AaU?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>
JJ

CFA123

Silver
May 29, 2004
Watch this video, you don't to be in the middle of this situation...

Very similar to what I ended up in a couple years ago... though I was only on the main road from Santiago to Moca, not into the side streets. We were into it before we knew it... could hear gunshots not far away... we asked a guy in riot gear whether to keep going or turn around... he said as far as we'd gotten to keep going & go fast.

Any indication of a huelga since that day... businesses closed as I drive thru an area, trash or rocks in middle of street... I turn around immediately.

If you manage to live, you learn :smoke:

DavidZ

Silver
Aug 29, 2005
www.vipcigartours.com
I drove through the tail end of a bad tire burning/rock and trash in the road huelga last week...Ive avoided that road since just before the last elections because as was said they tore it up and never resurfaced it...that road is finally pristine and now you can't drive it for fear of getting shot!!

On road condition, the road from the Jamao Mountain Road to the Moca-Licey-Santiago road was completed just before the elections...and it's already falling apart...there are dozens of SERIOUS potholes already, to the point where it's almost as bad as before...only a few months after it was completely resurfaced

pedrochemical

Silver
Aug 22, 2008
Is it my imagination or do all the Huelgas happen in the Cibao?

Of course it is neither constructive nor pleasant but in another way it shows that the populous is not afraid to show their feelings?

And I have NEVER seen one in Sosua!!!! ;)

bachata

Aug 18, 2007
I got caught in a huelga driving through Navarrete a few years back. Not fun.
I'm listening my favorite radio show, this is what they said... man got shot by the police in Navarrete right now as they are supporting the Huelga.
So stay away from Navarrete too.

JJ

ExtremeR

Silver
Mar 22, 2006
I'm listening my favorite radio show, this is what they said... man got shot by the police in Navarrete right now as they are supporting the Huelga.
So stay away from Navarrete too.

JJ

I heard in Navarrete they'll kill you for sneezing. No wonder la huelga keeps on going there... Ahi hay muchos hombres "guapo".

Last edited:

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
They have so many juelgas in Licey that the airport employees are always laughing about it. This one looks a little more serious. I think we'll go through Tamboril on Saturday; besides it is a pretty drive.

rsg

Bronze
Oct 21, 2008
With all this trouble in licey, do you think it is close enough to Sosua to rename the thread, stay away from Sosua...