Inside Window Gates for Security

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drro

Bronze
Mar 22, 2006
Can anyone recommend a person or company that provides the iron gates that go on the inside of apartments on the windows. The ones I have seen seem to be bolted on each end and in the middle, are grated (almost look like snowflakes), and stick out into the apartment maybe 3-4 inches at most.

I'm interested in who has them, feedback, recommendation of person to install, and pricing. I'm in the Sosua area.

Thanks.

Dec 21, 2008
We have someone currently fabricating ones for the outside of our home. If you want his contact info, pm me and I'll give you his phone number. He is a Canadian welder.

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
fooled

those grates are for appearances not security. My wife made me buy them and I went along thinking it was security. When it was all done she laughed when I told her I felt more secure. She just likes the look. A decent Dominican thief will defeat them in one minute with a scissor style car jack even if they are on the inside. Get two dogs outside, one inside, sleep behind dead bolts with a weapon. Get the phone numbers of your neighbors who are often armed. Do not over react to patio thieves who just want to steal your gas tank. Only be concerned with the ones that want to get inside. Be on alert around Christmas. If you plan ahead in an intelligent fashion you will be fine. We were so ready that for a time I hoped for a thief so I could try out our system!!! Of course nothing has happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.