Direct Flights from lil ole Saskatchewan

twillis

Jun 22, 2009
We used to get direct flight from here (Saskatchewan) to POP - Puerto Plata. I can't seem to find them anymore. Does anyone know if these have stopped? If so, why? I've been searching many travel sites and trying to google information, but can't seem to find out. I can go through Toronto or Montreal ... but argh! that's a long flight - usually overnight.

suarezn

Gold
Feb 3, 2002
Puerto Plata is going down the tubes, thus less flights...everything is Punta Cana now.

dougiej

Jan 29, 2007
Ya sucks in that location for flights, Do some research, there's alot of weird flights(red Eye on the way back) this year. Sell off, Air Canada, West jet Vacations. North Coast all the way!

Boh

Jan 3, 2002
Hotels and flights offered from Saskatchewan were scaled back this year and sold out in August or early September. The hotel selection was very poor.

2thebeach

May 7, 2010
There aren't any direct flights to POP from Western Canada. In the winter months there are direct flights from Calgary to Punta Cana...not sure about Saskatchewan though.

stormer

Apr 27, 2004
They have cancelled the direct flights from Saskatoon - POP for this winter season, due to lack of interest.

twillis

Jun 22, 2009
That's crazy, every flight I've been on has been full in the winter. And yes there are flights - but gravy train flights - hoping for direct. Too bad. Resorts will suffer there.