Best hotel pool to use ?????

Anastacio

Banned
Feb 22, 2010
So, which hotel has the best pool none members can use, any idea how much, good snack bar etc?
Come on Santo Domingoanians, Help a guy out on a rare week day off!!!!

DR_Guy

Bronze
Feb 17, 2010
I like the Ambassador hotel pool. Not sure if you have to be a guest or not.

JuanDolioLiving

Sep 7, 2010
Plaza Real Pool in Juan Dolio,

Hi the best pool and snack bar is at Plaza Real hotel in Juan Dolio. Were you find American english speaking staff and it also the place were the Americans that are living in Boca Chica go to instead of just staying in Boca Chica. It is worth checking out

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
I'm fond of the Embajador [Ambassador] pool because I met my husband there a zillion years ago. But my friend who lives in SD belongs to the Hotel Santo Domingo pool, and it's very nice there. I believe the Melia also offers local resident memberships.

AE

Mar 1, 2009
Anastacio mate, it's not Santo Domingoanians. :) It's capitalenos, but to your question the response is Hostal Nicolas de Ovando, Zona Colonial.

aarhus

Long live King Frederik X
Jun 10, 2008
Lap Pools

Dominican Fiesta, if it's not too far.

Dominican Fiesta has a lappool. So does Hotel Santo Domingo. But if it is for exercise there is also the Body Shop in Naco. I think you can get a daypass there. The DR is just great for swimming. You can swim outside all year round. In the evening too. I never understood why the resorts and tourist real projects does not promote swimming more.

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
I use the Melia. There is a membership to join and then it costs $1800 a month.

I like their pool for swimming better than the Jaragua which is right next door.

They have a bar and restaurant

as well as gym and fantastic showers

depends perhaps on where you live.-

tjmurray

Bronze
Aug 11, 2006
So, which hotel has the best pool none members can use, any idea how much, good snack bar etc?
Come on Santo Domingoanians, Help a guy out on a rare week day off!!!!

You're all wrong!! Haha, obviously, no one is wrong but IMO the best hotel pool in Santo Domingo is at the Hotel BQ on Ave Bol?var not too far from Churchill Ave. This is the former Hotel Delta. They have a rooftop pool with all-out views of Santo Domingo. You can order drinks, food from the menu, chill out on the lounge chairs or even in the jacuzzi :)

Day pass costs RD$500 but does not include anything.

aarhus

Jun 10, 2008
Hotel BQ

You're all wrong!! Haha, obviously, no one is wrong but IMO the best hotel pool in Santo Domingo is at the Hotel BQ on Ave Bol?var not too far from Churchill Ave. This is the former Hotel Delta. They have a rooftop pool with all-out views of Santo Domingo. You can order drinks, food from the menu, chill out on the lounge chairs or even in the jacuzzi :)

Day pass costs RD$500 but does not include anything.

I think they just opened this pool area. Very nice I agree. Hotel BQ is within walking distance from my office. I recommend it to clients.

tjmurray

Bronze
Aug 11, 2006
I think they just opened this pool area. Very nice I agree. Hotel BQ is within walking distance from my office. I recommend it to clients.

Well it's been open for awhile now, but they did remodel the roof about 7 months ago. Also, the hotel is located on Sarasota and not Bol?var. Getting rusty now that I live in Bavaro :)

Another plus is the hotel doesn't block the sun in the afternoon like at the Malecon hotels since it's on the roof. Also, no crying children or groups of young teens around like at the Dominican Fiesta.

aarhus

Jun 10, 2008
I know it is on Sarasota. But on the same road as my office still. One block away. My office is on Bolivar or Romulo Betancourt. The BQ Hotel is on Sarasota. At my office we rent out Cubicles and meeting rooms. You can rent for a day or a week to work and have meetings. We are close to the American Chamber of Commerce and the Land registry on Churchill.