How much does a camera memory card cost in the DR?

Trainman33

Bronze
Dec 11, 2009
I gave a camera to my DR GF but it did not have a memory card. I gave the camera to her in person so I know this is true. I'd like to know how much a data card costs in STI so I can send her that amount of money. Shipping it through Amazon is a problem since I don't want to stick her with the fee from a mail forwarder.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
I have a Class 2 16GB SD card, never used and in original package, that I'll sell for RD$700.

I'm in Sosua

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
that's a great deal, Ken,
if the Camera can handle a 16GB Card, it's big.
SD Cards are cheap here, sending money I guess costs more than the money needed to buy a SD Card.
a simple 2BG SD Card should cost 150-200 pesos, even if the GF is not a Rich lady she should get one without a prob.
Mike

RacerX

Banned
Nov 22, 2009
Is she in Santiago? Send me the loot via PayPal and I ll get you a nice 2GB(dont know why she would need more than than that) card from Walmart for her and a bunch of AA Alkaline batteries from Home Depot so she can use the thing. Then when I got it and have touched down in Santiago, you call her and tell her to come and pick it up. Better value than sending cash.

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
yes, private delivery straight from the US is always the best Deal, cool.
sure 2BG should be totally fine,
I use in my Nikon just 4BG, and those Foros come out in a very large Format, and it still fits more than I could take in a Day on the Water, lol.
cheers
Mike

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
2q8mufl.gif

If the camera does not specify that it will take a SDHC (SD High Capacity) card stay at 2GB or less is a good bet.

Some older cameras will not take more that a 1GB card.

D in Tampa/Santiago