Surely there's one actress "budding or seasoned" that could join our Theatre Group?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Judith

Jul 17, 2005
Surely there's one actress "budding or seasoned" that could join our Theatre Group?

Apart from having a great time rehearsing and working as a group, we really want to ensure the North Coast keeps its Theatre Company. Plus we raised a lot of money for Charities and need to keep on doing so.

To do this we really need a few more people to offer to join us.

Auditions produce so little interest and there are so many residents on the North Coast complaining of little entertainment or 'nothing to do!'.

There must be one female at least, willing to give it a try?

Call us, even if you are unsure... 809 856 2962

We need your support if we are going to continue....and so many people want us to.

Chelleyyyyy

Apr 7, 2007
what are the age requirments? fees? can you tell me a little more about it please!
i have a 14 year old girl who i would like to try and get her into something, but i need a little more info :)

thanks!

Mar 2, 2008
Just so people know, this is a very well-known and popular theater company, and they have produced several very well-received plays here. Anyone who is interested should definitely check it out.

If I had a trace of talent I'd give it a go, but unfortunately I wasn't in the right line when they were passing out acting skills.

Mar 2, 2008
Yeah, that's what I get for not reading the heading closely enough. :)

Anyway, the point is that the theater group is well-known and well-respected, and they do some wonderful work, both on-stage and for various charities.

woofsback

Bronze
Dec 20, 2009
well i should be there in january so wouldn't mind goin to a show
and if it helps charity then all the more reason to make a visit :)
do ya know if any shows close by during that month?

Judith

Jul 17, 2005
This year the show will have the American playwright coming over to offer a Master Class in Acting and writing Plays.

As we will performing in front of him and thousands of others no doubt(!), we will be at our best.

The great thing is that we can offer encouragement to youngsters and anyone else who wants a chance to talk to someone who has a string of award winning Plays.

Not to mention anyone who wants to get involved...

So from this week on we will be hard at work, and this will be our best yet.

Be looking out for you on the First Night!
Judith

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
In Shakespeare's time male actors played female roles, so go for it catcher. :)
In modern times I can think of at least one female actor who distinguished herself in a male role - Linda Hunt in The Year of Living Dangerously.

Sorry Judith, I wish you luck in finding an actress for this production. Any chance of going on tour so that we in other parts of the country can enjoy the play?

DMV123

Bronze
Mar 31, 2010
Which part is it for? What age do you need? How many hours a week is rehearsal? I know someone who may be interested!

Judith

Jul 17, 2005
The character in the Play

Hi there, the part we want to fill is a good one

Mrs Carlson, who is the Manager of the hotel, where the action takes place. although she is on and off frequently, she doesn't have a huge amount of lines to master,

She is a no nonsense, straight-laced severe woman, does not hesitate to preach the evils of sex and adultery. She sees herself as guardian of morality for the Club and makes sure her guests know it.....

So when she ends up under the bed of one of the male guests, she has a lot of explaining to do.........

For someone who wants to have real good fun with being totally overwhelmed by what goes on in the Play and hopeless to do anything about it....this is the part for them!

Rehearsals are Tuesdays and Thursdays 6.30pm - 9pm (although we hope to finish early). We are starting rehearsals at the Las Canas Aparthotel in La Mulata and if that is an issue, probably one of the other members of the cast can offer a lift.

We may also rehearse in the centre of Sosua depends. Nearer the time of the Play, when the set is built, we will be practising at different times to suit the cast, usually with a beer or glass of wine....

Age wise can be open as we have been known to use heavy makeup to change ages..

Pity I can't use Catcher to play the role...its hard enough, having one of the husbands in the Play,dress up as the wife of another.......

we would love to travel with this Play, but we just had to turn down an Invitation from the Chilean Theatre Festival in January.... so until we have enough money in the kitty to pack up or set and travel the roads of the D.R. we are stuck where we are....you never know in the future though!

Status
Not open for further replies.