Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you HB, my target date to get my product out there is the 1st of February....
    This will be a good informational source If Senor Sanchez will be kind enough to give me a few moments of his time.

B in Santiago

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

you know what would be a more interesting business opportunity would be to build relationships with all those colmados and leverage that as a distribution channel to introduce new products to the market nationwide.

its going to be very hard for you to do that well yourself AND sell a product.. but if you focused just on managing that channel, that might work better.. or otherwise find someone else who has already done just that and pay them for it.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Colmados

Almacenistas sell to smaller supermarkets and the colmados

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by salestraining View Post
    Almacenistas sell to smaller supermarkets and the colmados
    I believe you are talking about.......(EXAMPLE)
    Asoc. Dominicana De Almacenista Importadores
    27 de febrero 351, Santo Domingo

I HAVE NEVER BEEN TO ONE....I WILL TODAY.
    TIME TO GET MY FEET WET.......

B in Santiago
    Last edited by waytogo; 10-18-2010 at 08:42 AM.

Rest In Peace Lindsay
    Post Thanks / Like

There are probably 3 main ways to find the colmados.

1. Yes most will buy some produce from almacenes. You could go to the local ones and ask for the information on the colmados who buy from them.

2. Easiest way is to look in the local phone book under, funnily enough, colmados. You will find hundreds listed.

3. The following national companies deliver to colmados - not sure if they would tell you who they deliver to, but you could always get motoconchos to follow the lorries around and write you a list - assuming they can write.

Pepsi - deliver Brahma and Pepsi products
    Presidente - beer and malta morena
    Coca Cola - refrescos and dasani
    Frito Lay - crisps or whatever americans call them - papitas
    Rica - juice
    Induveca - cheese and salami and ham
    cigarette man - two of these, one for marlboro, and nacional and another for the other brands
    Orange cards
    Claro cards
    Nestle
    Brugal
    Santo Domingo coffee
    Gatorade
    Helado Bon

Then there are a whole host of local providers for things such as

sweets and biscuits
    rice
    washing powder and plastic bags
    fresh chicken
    agua crystal
    pasta
    bread

let me know if you need any more info

matilda

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

If a colmado maintains an account with the Cerveceria Nacional (i.e. the big Presidente trucks comes to deliver their beer), then they are issued a a Factura "con Valor Fiscal". This means that the fiscal ID number on the receipt says who bought what and the exact amount of sales tax (ITBIS 16%) that was applied.

When the Ceverceria declares their monthy ITBIS debt and sales to the DGII in the following month, they report all "ventas con valor fiscal", they must submit the purchaser account information.

Most colmados in DR do not carry RNC (as a corporation) BUT as a "persona fiscia". The RNC for persona fisica has more loopholes than as a corporation (i.e. it's easier for individuals to not pay ITBIS is full or at all).

Not all Colmado owners maintain an RNC as persona fisica nor "patentes". This depends on the sector and size/visibility of the location.

I don't know who said they can't trace, but The DGII knows what's up -- I can guarantee it.

DR1 Expert
    Post Thanks / Like

"Patentes" for businesses were abolished a long time ago. Every business, including colmados, should have a tax number (RNC# -Registro Nacional de Contribuyentes).
    Fabio J. Guzman
    Guzman Ariza
    Attorneys-at-Law
    Sos�a, Santo Domingo, San Francisco de Macor�s, Cabrera
    Las Terrenas, Saman�, B�varo (Punta Cana) and La Romana
    Dominican Republic

[email protected]

Website

The opinion above should not be construed to be formal legal advice and was given without reviewing the facts and documents pertinent to the case. The reader should NOT act based upon this opinion without seeking professional counsel.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Fabio J. Guzman View Post
    "Patentes" for businesses were abolished a long time ago. Every business, including colmados, should have a tax number (RNC# -Registro Nacional de Contribuyentes).
    Should, but how many actually do.
    I know it is hitting off topic, but is it not a bit like everyone should pay for electric, and those that don't should be chased up, but they don't.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

The only colmados that have RNC numbers are the ones that supply goods to larger companies paying taxes. I would be surprised if this number would be more than 5% of the total. 5% is probably generous. All of the colmados that I am aware of buy there stuff with cash and sell for cash. How Presidente or salami guy collects taxes and pays is worth knowing. If there are any taxes, I would assume they are included in the wholesale price.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12