Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Rita Indiana's New Video

The new Rita Indiana video with a reflection on the death of journalist Orlando Martinez Howley in 1975. This woman is a talent the DR has to be very proud of...

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/LBVLvIjBFko?fs=1&amp;hl=es_ES"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/LBVLvIjBFko?fs=1&amp;hl=es_ES" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>
    Last edited by domilinguist; 10-17-2010 at 08:56 AM. Reason: Spelling error

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Excellent!!

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by ExtremeR View Post
    Excellent!!
    YES it is...

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Johnny Ventura and Balaguer in the same video. Who would have thought it?!

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

The liner notes for the album say that the car she is driving is actually Balaguer's personal vehicle from the time!

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Domilinguist for posting this video.

Her style and sound is unique, something I've never heard before.

But then again, I still listen to Fania Label salseros and have no clue about the contemporary Latin music scene.

I'm definitely digging her. Could anyone provide a link to her music and life story? I'd like to read up more about her.

Post Thanks / Like

If you Google her, quite a lot comes up. She is a departure from your typical Latin female music star - androgynous and outspoken. The closest comparison would be Luis Dias in terms of taking existing genres and making them contemporary. At the same time the sound reminds me a bit of Blondie and other late 70/early 80s female singers/groups.

Post Thanks / Like

I can say I kined the beat and the video is interesting. As for the words, I can honestly say they are a bunch of crap! Really. They are unintelligible even to my young students, who, interestingly enough, do not think much of her music....which I thnk is catchy--even if I do not understand but a word or two...

HB

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Rita is also a very well respected contemporary Dominican writer with a cult following (myself included). Read her short stories Chochueca (2003) and Papi (2005) if you are interested...

The Way Life Should Be...
    Post Thanks / Like

Default I am

Where can I find her stuff?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast