Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default My Mom is sick in USA with kidney failure...

Medical problem..I have been traveling to the Dominican Republic for 9 years and usually am there at least 1 -2 weeks a month and have made some solid friendships!
    I do not have my residency..

The problemMy mom has been diagnosed with kidney failure about a year ago which was caused by her diabetes.. Noone in our family is a Type B blood, match and In the United States you must wait on a waiting list and the average list is about 4 years. My mom is 71 years old and has been in Dialysis for 11 months and is getting worse.

Possible solution?I called all of my friends and some of my friends are the same blood type match
    however one of theese friends is saying, "he is willing to help by donating his kidney whenever we need it." He has a wife, child, he owns a house, bank account but doesnt currently, own a car". He just told me his credit is not good and he owes 60,000 pesos on his credit to companies..

Questions?

Is it possible to get a 30 or 60 day visa for emergency medical purposes from the USA consulate top travel to the states?

What steps would we have to take to get the donar to the USA?
    Are there any "good" Kidney transplantation doctors in the DR if the visa is denied?

Please if anyone knows the best solution please let me know.

Thanks for anyone's assistance in this matter.

Incred

Post Thanks / Like

You need to get several opinions regarding the option of a kidney transplant.
    1) You mother is 71, and only on dialysis in NYC for 11 months. She can be on dialysis for 11 years, easy. My sister was on dialysis for 15 years. There are huge programs in NYC for dialysis patients. Look into this.
    2) Kidney transplants in the DR are now quite frequent. If the tissue typing shows a good match, you could do this at HOMS (DR. Eliana Diná is the chief of transplants), or one of the facilities int he capital.
    3) If the operation and the tissue typing are all okay, then letters from doctors and hospital authorities in the US telling the US Consulate in Santo Domingo of the medical circumstances that require this short visit and visa would make that visa a possibility.

You are lucky, you have a lot of possibilities...one will work out, you'll see.

HB

DR1
    Post Thanks / Like

The guy I know for kidney transplants in Santo Domingo is Dr. Jeffery Assad.
    He's American, trained in the DR and Spain. He's a good friend and one of the best Urologists and Kidney guy's in Santo Domingo.

If you need his contact info, PM me and I will pass on your info.

4. Likes jstarebel liked this post
    Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

If you can't find a donor in the DR you can also try Colombia !

$30k U.S was the price for a new liver so a Kidney should be less!

I maybe shopping one day as well so forgive me if I cut to the chase.

Post Thanks / Like

Please send the details to my whatsapp please Robert 8293834592. Thanks

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Peteralfombras View Post
    Please send the details to my whatsapp please Robert 8293834592. Thanks
    You do know the post that you are replying to is 9 years old....Right?

Post Thanks / Like

I do now! I need a kidney doctor in the capital that speaks english because I donated 1 some years ago and now I have some problem. Any ideas?

Post Thanks / Like

And i couldnt PM Robert?!

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

I do now! I need a kidney doctor in the capital that speaks english because I donated 1 some years ago and now I have some problem. Any ideas?

Later on someone will chime in.

DR1
    Post Thanks / Like

And i couldnt PM Robert?!
    Robert is no longer active on DR1. Hopefully someone else will have a suggestion for you later today.

Administrator
    DR1.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast