Howard Johnson in SPM?

jessicalee_nv

Jul 1, 2004
A few years ago I stayed at the Howard Johnson in SPM right by malecon and really enjoyed it. Recently on the main Howard Johnson website I have tried to book a room there but it has said there is no availability. Then just today I tried again on the main site & the Dominican Republic is no longer listed on their available countries!?!?! :ermm:

Can anyone tell me if this hotel is still open? Has it been purchased by another hotel chain? I'd love to stay there again.

Thanks,
Jess

Reactions: Tamborista

jalencastro

Bronze
Dec 15, 2004
www.myspace.com
i was just there in the SPDM area earlier this year and do not recall seeing a Howard Johnson anywhere near the malecon area, and i wandered/drove around pretty much all over town. I read reviews of this HoJo in Travelers Guide recently but didnt see anything about it being closed....i just dont recall seeing it when I was there....sorry I cant be of help.

Reactions: Tamborista

granca

Bronze
Aug 20, 2007
I have tried several times to book, always " no availability"! I got onto their head office who told me they only accept telephone bookings! Do you know of any other similar type hotel in the immediate area? Most of the booking engines think that 20 miles is near! Almost useless.

jessicalee_nv

Jul 1, 2004
Thanks everyone for your info. I'm glad to hear it is still there & open but sad I can't book online. I'm attempting to get a mission group together from my church and just think it is going to be easier to stay in SPM than trying to coordinate transportation from JD, especially in the evenings. Right now I'm in the information gathering stage so I can present all the details to everyone that is interested in going.

todobien, thanks for the link to the other hotel. I'm going to check it out now!

jessicalee_nv

Jul 1, 2004
todobien, can you give me any additional information about Hotel Escuela Macorix? The website is really nice but doesn't have alot of details. Are you familiar with the room sizes? If so, is it possible to put 3 people in one room or would it be over crowded?

My goal is to find decent accommodations without it costing a fortune so we can spend the extra money buying food & school supplies for families we will be helping.

Thanks again for your help.

granca

Bronze
Aug 20, 2007
Jessicalee_nv why don't you click on the "contact us" button on the Macorix web page and ask them?

jessicalee_nv

Jul 1, 2004
That is a fantastic idea. I'll ask them if they offer group rates. I swear I should have thought of that. Must be this nasty cold I'm fighting affecting my brain. Thanks.