How do I deal with legal issues

ginasosua

Oct 17, 2010
www.saddleoutlet.se
First of all, english is not my native language so excuse the misspelling and such :)
We recently lived in cabarete with a contract for 5 months.
We were promised an apartment with internet, because my work is based on the internet.
The internet did not work at all or very bad so my business has been on hold for over a month and I have lost a lot of money because of this.
We were released from the contract because of the malfunction of the internet.
When the day arrive for us to move to our new apartment the broker /real estate agency woman, claims that we broke the contract and therefor we are not allowed the deposit of 850 USD back.
I have all the contract in original and copies that says the first contract was cancelled due to the internet issue.
I have contacted a lawyer, not because of the amount of money but because she is a shady lady that does bad businesses.
What are our chances with a lawyer and can I be responsible of paying her legal expences?
Long story I know ;) but would be very pleased if someone could answer

Feb 7, 2007
long story short - good luck in this country getting the deposits back.

Just today when negotiation a rent for a friend, I was told by the landlady: "I am a poor woman and I am paying the notes to the bank on the truck over there, so the deposits are not returned, they have to be lived ..."

ginasosua

Oct 17, 2010
www.saddleoutlet.se
that is crazy...
Anyways I spoke to a lawyer today and he said the contract was clear and we should be refunded, but should and will is 2 different stories :ermm:
We'll see what happens.
A real sneaky woman that one, ten years in the country working with tourists and she bites the hand that feeds her...: clever :tired:

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Please state her name and her business name and the hand that feeds her will find other mouths to feed.

Not much use b!tching here about how you were suckered/tricked, if you do not give out the details. It cannot be libel if it is true!!

HB

ginasosua

Oct 17, 2010
www.saddleoutlet.se
You need to post your full details, name and contact details before you're allowed to post personal details of the other party.

We do not allow anonymous postings of this type.

Last edited by a moderator:
Feb 7, 2007
Quoting Robert: "You need to post your full details, name and contact details before you're allowed to post personal details of the other party. We do not allow anonymous postings of this type." Unquote.

Ginasosua: You need to post YOUR full contact details etc or the name of the person/company you are complaining about will be deleted again by Robert or by mods.