So,,, do you enjoy your job?

Anastacio

Banned
Feb 22, 2010
Are you happy with your employment, be it self or as an employee, or do you just do it so you can spend your free time in the sun, surrounded by the nonsense that is the Dominican Republic?

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
All of the above. I get to tour peeps on motersickels all over the DR and mess with tech and websites...WHILE I live in this exotic organized chaos called the Dominican Republic!

:D:D:D

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
I love my work. It's wonderful to get paid for something that I enjoy doing (writing, translating, editing, research). Of course some assignments are more rewarding than others and there is the relatively unpleasant aspect of chasing debts - but all in all, I couldn't wish for more. :)

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
Are you happy with your employment, be it self or as an employee, or do you just do it so you can spend your free time in the sun, surrounded by the nonsense that is the Dominican Republic?

What is this nonsense you are talking about???? Anyway I'm never bored as long as I can get on this forum and get free entertainment, thanks! ;)

Anastacio

Banned
Feb 22, 2010
All of the above. I get to tour peeps on motersickels all over the DR and mess with tech and websites...WHILE I live in this exotic organized chaos called the Dominican Republic!

:D:D:D

Give me a job, pleaaeeaaase!!! The city is literally driving me bonkers. Seriously, I'll work for a Dominican wage.

Anastacio

Banned
Feb 22, 2010
What is this nonsense you are talking about???? Anyway I'm never bored as long as I can get on this forum and get free entertainment, thanks! ;)

Unfortunately I can't get the kicks out of this forum that stimulate you to contentment, but I do envy your ability to be blind to the nonsense and live as happily as you do every day. I think I am just having the same problem I have when trying to adjust to any city, I can't, it stresses me. I'm a country man from the hills, and so cities just don't make me smile. Now I'm working more hours in the city I am just enjoying work less and less.
I'm really envious of you lot:bored:

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
Give me a job, pleaaeeaaase!!! The city is literally driving me bonkers. Seriously, I'll work for a Dominican wage.
Jarabacoa is a nice smallish town in the hills. But like all small towns...especially ones here...everybody knows your business. There are no secrets.

What do you do? What skilz do you have?

Condorito

Aug 2, 2010
Darn right I do

Absolutely love it..make truckloads of money, live in a palace for free, I get fed all week, and they throw in a truck for my convenience.

Anastacio

Banned
Feb 22, 2010
Jarabacoa is a nice smallish town in the hills. But like all small towns...especially ones here...everybody knows your business. There are no secrets.

What do you do? What skilz do you have?

I don't mind people knowing what's going on in my life, could sum it up rather quickly. Work, home, food, sleep, occasionally get to work on the odd project. I'm looking at a few busses at the moment, thinking about converting one into a mobile home so I can maybe offer my drum making workshops around the country, I am unsure yet, but has been a consideration for some time. Finding the room to do it here is difficult.
My skills, well, rather diverse. Worked for Ford in the body shop for a time, have bought renovated and sold houses around the canaries, France and a few other places. I tried teaching Esl but realised it isn't my bag, not so much the kids but the other teachers. I have a degree in something no one ever knows what is and so is pointless, lol. At the moment I deliver and fix big ass demolition and plant machinery and am a finance consultant for small American company (sell people loans in exchange for my soul). So I'm busy, but not as happy of where I'd want to be if I had options.

Celt202

Gold
May 22, 2004
I this cryptic or just you have seen lots of cats lately?

df20021001.jpg

Google

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
i have all work, full stop. i just hate it will all my heart. i hate the fact you have to go there, i hate the fact you have stay there. i hate everything about work. i have no ambition, no drive, i am not competitive and frankly speaking i don't give a s**t.
in addition to that i hate even more an idea of own business because then you have to work twice the hours and do twice the effort. totally grosses me out.
i like to sleep. the more the better. and read. unfortunately one does not really get paid for sleeping and reading so i work. and worse of all i work in a family business (see above re having own company). i bear it, at best. it is not stressful, i have some freedom but i'd rather stay at home, to be honest.
i just do not understand how come that young people have to work instead of enjoying themselves and then, when they are old, burnt out bags they get pension and time off. it should be the other way around. pensions for young and once you reach 50 and your bones start to ache it's work all the way to the grave. i would work out well, seeing that society as the whole has aged and we live longer.

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
I love my job. Its like my hobby and then watching people get well is even more rewarding. I was in london for past 5 days and now I am in Atlanta. Its nice to be able to live in sunny DR and be able to travel to 1st world countries. After being in civilized countries for a week, I can't wait to come back home to my santiago.
AZB

Reactions: Bronxboy

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
I don't go to the Beach,
I Live on Da Beach.
I love to sleep long in the mornings, hence often chatting here til Dawn, get my breakfast Bed ready served and try as hard as possible as simply not to do anything that could be really named "Work!"/IIIEH.
sure I found out soon that the sweet life costs money, so I Employed some Freaks and since then I let them do the Work to get those Bucks and Enjoy the Life on this Civilized Island.
We spend 3-5 weeks of a vacation per Year to get pampered at one of the Nice Resorts in PC, once a Year a Month or 2 back into the Jungle/the selfnamed 1st World Countries, mostly to Europe.
I would really love to better my Life somehow,
but I am too Lazy for such stressy activity,
so I simply stick to my 'Misery', lol.
Hey AZB,
happy Travels, have Fun in the Jungles
Mike

Anastacio

Banned
Feb 22, 2010
Hey mike, next time you have or hear of any work going, give me a thought pal, old buddy, amigo:pirate:

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
thank you for asking ....im enjoying retirement, I wonder how I found the time to work

Anas you come across as being slightly strange, Im not sure whether you are doing your employment prospects any good, Im sure you are lovely in real life