WTF is happening with Claro

Anastacio

Banned
Feb 22, 2010
No, but I have had a strange guy call me twice declaring i have called him 2 minutes ago, which I didn't. I found strange but not alien, I accept wierde sh1t as the norm these days.

Acira

Silver
Sep 20, 2009
www.blazingfuries.com
Have some problems over here but nothing out of the ordinary as we know it can happen here (no connection available) except that a stupid inexpensive cellular seem to be working better then our BB so we decided to step into POP office of Claro one of these day's to try to get an explanation for that.

But the Jungle drums are working perfectly ;)

amp

Bronze
Oct 5, 2010
i tried calling someone with claro the other day and it wasn't working correctly, i dunno what the problem was tho because they called me today and it was their same phone number and all was working fine...maybe just a bad day for claro

jerseygirl22

Jan 6, 2009
I've also been having trouble with Claro for awhile now. Sometimes when i call someone the calls just don't go through, other times i just don't hear anything. The thing is it actually calls the other person, i just cant hear them and they cant hear me. i thought my blackberry was messed up but the same thing is happening to my sisters blackberry. So, something is definitely up with Claro.

waytogo

Moderator - North Coast Forum
Apr 3, 2009
Santiago DR
I've also been having trouble with Claro for awhile now. Sometimes when i call someone the calls just don't go through, other times i just don't hear anything. The thing is it actually calls the other person, i just cant hear them and they cant hear me. i thought my blackberry was messed up but the same thing is happening to my sisters blackberry. So, something is definitely up with Claro.

I had the same problem and Claro told me my phone didn't have a chip. I then purchased another cheap phone with a chip and haven't had the problem since.

waytogo

Apr 3, 2009
Santiago DR
I do have a chip so that shouldn't be the problem. Like as I said the problems started on Saturday, network is busy it always says.

Don had the same problem with 2 of his cell phones and he also replaced his for phones with chips, also, his problem resolved. It sounds like a different set of problems. Wait a few days, there's probably more Claro problems waiting right around the corner.......:bunny::bunny::bunny:

B in Santiago

jerseygirl22

Jan 6, 2009
I had the same problem and Claro told me my phone didn't have a chip. I then purchased another cheap phone with a chip and haven't had the problem since.

Now that i think about it, my phone doesn't use a chip either. But there should really be another solution to this problem, i don't want to just throw away my blackberry and buy another one that uses a chip. Should have gone with Orange :tired:

belgiank

Silver
Jun 13, 2009
I may sound dumb...

but what is a phone with a chip? I thought all of the cells had a chip?

jerseygirl22

Jan 6, 2009

Here they're called chips but in the US they're called SIM cards, its basically like a mini hard disk for your phone. Some phones have them, others don't. I'm no expert on them but i think the only difference is that if you have a SIM card you can easily switch cellphones and still keep your information just by putting your SIM card on another phone.

May 8, 2009
I too have been having problems with Claro as of late. Sometimes the calls just don't go through. Sometimes I am talking on the phone and then I get cut off and hear it ringing, as though I just finished dialing. On Mon. my wife said she got calls from my phone, but it was some other lady asking if she had called her. The odd part is I had my phone with me all day.

waytogo

Apr 3, 2009
Santiago DR
Everytime you dial and here nothing, it is ringing on the other end. Everytime you dial and hear nothing and the other party picks up and you hear nothing, you are being charged for minutes, either on a plan or on a prepaid.
I hope that made sense.........lol

B in Santiago

bienamor

Kansas redneck an proud of it
Apr 23, 2004

Before the mexican bought CODETEL(claro) they were owned by Verizon, at that time they were CMDA phones same as Verizon in the USA. When carlos bought the company they switched to GSM same as Orange, Claro supports both types.

waytogo

Apr 3, 2009
Santiago DR
Before the mexican bought CODETEL(claro) they were owned by Verizon, at that time they were CMDA phones same as Verizon in the USA. When carlos bought the company they switched to GSM same as Orange, Claro supports both types.

I was told by a Claro rep that Claro is fading away with CDMA wireless communication here in the D.R., that is why cell phones without a sim card (chip) are experiencing problems. In due time phones without sim cards will be obsolete here.

B in Santiago

bienamor

Kansas redneck an proud of it
Apr 23, 2004
I was told by a Claro rep that Claro is fading away with CDMA wireless communication here in the D.R., that is why cell phones without a sim card (chip) are experiencing problems. In due time phones without sim cards will be obsolete here.

B in Santiago

yep probably true, carlos does not want to have to support cmda as we are the only ones with it. the rest of carlos's empire uses GSM.

xtoclark

Jul 9, 2008
Here they're called chips but in the US they're called SIM cards, its basically like a mini hard disk for your phone. Some phones have them, others don't. I'm no expert on them but i think the only difference is that if you have a SIM card you can easily switch cellphones and still keep your information just by putting your SIM card on another phone.

No chip/SIM card = CDMA

In this country there exists both services. As far as I know Tricom is purely CDMA and Viva is both GSM and CDMA. Apparently Claro is also CDMA? Orange, as far as I know, is purely GSM.

I always prefer GSM. Makes life easier.