Is the German bakery in Sosua closed?

CoreyH

Mar 5, 2010
I drove by the German bakery a couple times in the past few days and it looks like it is empty? Are they closed or away on vacation? where else can you get great baked goods like they have?

Reactions: waytogo

MaxLo

Jul 6, 2009
I think they reopen sometime in Nov. They close every year for a month (or longer). While you can get good bread (croissants and baguettes) elsewhere in town, no one else seems to have the dark breads or rye.

bachata

Aprendiz de todo profesional de nada
Aug 18, 2007
I know of another German guy who runs a family business "German Bakery" located in Costambar Pto. Pta. my wife love his cakes..

JJ

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Dick's place in Cabarete is good also. In the center of town, ocean side.

blacklilah

Jan 25, 2008
Rye bread

Has anyone seen good rye bread being sold around Sosua? What is it called in Spanish?

heliace

On Vacation!
Mar 27, 2004
Grrrrr....

It was closed yesteday when I went thru Sosua...Super Super was open and I got my extra dry vermouth for my martini's...
Anyone know where to get good rye bread in Santiago?

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
yeah,
they are closed til November 15th,
I always get their Bred delivered even down here to PC,
today I wanted to restock and the Gals told me the "Baker Guy" is away for vaca til Nov 15th.
there should really be a Law that prohibits a German ber to get Vaca!
cheers
Mike

belgiank

Silver
Jun 13, 2009
yeah,
they are closed til November 15th,
I always get their Bred delivered even down here to PC,
today I wanted to restock and the Gals told me the "Baker Guy" is away for vaca til Nov 15th.
there should really be a Law that prohibits a German ber to get Vaca!
cheers
Mike

There is justice in the world!!! After you torturing me for months with your tales of fine bread. :bunny::bunny:

I think I will stop by Dick a little later and get some nice brotchen, and munch on them, fondly thinking of you.

Dick in Cabarete is good, and you can also get his stuff at Janet's Market, which is a lot easier to park. Don't go too late as the stuff flies out of the store.

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
blacklilah said:
What is it called in Spanish?
Rye bread is pan de centeno.

heliace said:
Anyone know where to get good rye bread in Santiago?
Try Supermercados Nacional. When I lived in Santo Domingo I used to buy it from the bakery there - nothing to write home about though.

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
There is justice in the world!!! After you torturing me for months with your tales of fine bread. :bunny::bunny:

I think I will stop by Dick a little later and get some nice brotchen, and munch on them, fondly thinking of you.

Dick in Cabarete is good, and you can also get his stuff at Janet's Market, which is a lot easier to park. Don't go too late as the stuff flies out of the store.

ha ha ha
don't worry Peter,
I simply opened the Freezer and took half Dozen of originalGerman imported Broetchen and put 'em a few minutes in the Microwave,
handwarm Broetchen with Leberwurst, mmmmh.

Mike

heliace

On Vacation!
Mar 27, 2004
Leberwurst mit zwiebeln is better(with mayo)....but, say goodbye to any kissy kissy after...unless you have a lot of listerine.