Shipping options from US to Santiago?

vmhatup

Aug 18, 2009
I know this question has been asked several times, so here it goes again.

I usually purchase everything online (they are usually small items), and use EPS to ship it here from FL. But I want to switch because they charge about RD $190/pound, and it seems a little expensive. Plus they're slow.

I've heard of several other options, including transexpress, CPS, aeropost, among others.

The most interesting was aeropost.com, which supposedly charges US $2.70/pound which is less expensive than EPS.

Has anyone used aeropost.com? Are they reliable? Assuming they're good, is there anyone cheaper?

I've also hear of "Business Mail". Where can I find info on that service?

Thanks.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
I use Business Mail (Calle 7 to the east of Texas Ave.)
One of my boys uses CPS and is extremely pleased with its service.
Also on Calle 7, but nearer to Metropolitana

HB

yacht chef

Bronze
Sep 13, 2009
HB you never got back to us with the name and address of the place that ships from fort lauderdale FL to Santiago. that your daughter uses.

vmhatup

Aug 18, 2009
Thanks for the replies.

What about aeropost.com? Has anyone ever tried it? It seems cheaper than all the other services, but nobody has mentioned it here in the forum.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
That shipping company in Florida is (Larimar Envios TElf 305-362-8700). They are in Miami and Orlando but they will pick up stuff from your house or place of business...

They are good at what they do.

HB

vmhatup

Aug 18, 2009
Does Larimar Envios ship small packages like EPS and Transexpress? What are their cost?

How come nobody's heard (or used) aeropost.com? Their prices are good... could it be that there's a catch?

Thanks.

Aspire

Nov 11, 2007
I used CPS previously, but switched to Business Mail because of the difference in price, and only a small drop in service. CPS is well-funded and generally has good service, but I am BM-backer now!

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Larimar ships big stuff, like the huge boxes and fridges and stoves and washers...cheap.

HB