Rental car company

Status
Not open for further replies.

francoisatl

Feb 13, 2007
Does anybody know a local company in POP that rents SUV and please not from all the big names at the POP airport
for the last couple of times i have come to POP i go to the counter that i have rented my car from (SUV) and they always tell me oh sorry your SUV you requested is in Santiago take this mini car and call us back tomorrow and see if we have it back in POP well the SUV never shows up and i am stuck with this mini car so if somebody can point me in the right direction thanks

fjw

Oct 11, 2010
Has any one used easy rider to rent a car in cabarete?

Has any one used easy rider to rent a car in cabarete? If so please share your expierence.

Looking economical daily rental fees

Cheers
Frank

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
Rental Car Compay

Hi:

I have dealt with Cars Rent Dominican Republic in Cabarate for over 10 years. They rent a variety of vehicles. Go on their web site and take a look. They will meet you at the airport with the car. Good luck.

S

hammerdown

Bronze
Apr 29, 2005
I have used EasyRider in Cabarete, and recommend Yosef.....good rates and good service....oh and he also has 2 SUV's, one Montero Sport, and a Suzuki

Dec 21, 2008
We have used Universal Car Rental every time we have been in Sosua. Great service, have never run into any problems with any of the vehicles we have used. If you would like their contact into, PM me and I'll send it to you. They will greet you at the airport and at the end of your time in the DR, they will also drive you to the airport and help you with your luggage etc. I even received a confirmation phone call to Canada the first time we used them.

Jackspratt

Nov 28, 2006
Andrea Kobilke [kobirent@yahoo.com] Andrea rent suvs. as do many street vendors. the street vendors want your passport. the issue in the DR is that if you get into an accident where someone is hurt you go to jail until the bail out is paid, somewhere around dr50000, so scammers fake accidents and settle for cash on the spot. the big companies cover the bail out, as does AndreaOptions

orion

Nov 13, 2010
I have just come back from a trip to POP and while I was there I rented an SUV from Kayac Rent a Car & Jeep. They had the best rates I could find locally and will meet you at the airport. They are on boulevard in Puerto Plata.

Dealt with Carlos Jose Ortiz

Tel: 809-261-6716
http://www.kayacrentcar.com/

Last edited:

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
Rental Car Company

Go online to www.universalcarrental. This company is located in Cabarate and rents all size SUV. I have used them for over 10 years and they are very reliable. They will meet you at the airport with the car. You sign the paper work and go.

S

carib

Jul 16, 2002
car rent

I also have rented and for a while long term from Andre. He does not take credit cards and so you will not have credit card insurance so your max liability is 500 dollars. Here is his site...
Car rental in dominican republic rent a car
I believe he will still pick you up and return you to the airport which saves taxi fares....
carib

Status
Not open for further replies.