Meds not available here??

CoreyH

Mar 5, 2010
I went to the pharmacia today to get a medication for my son (controlled substance) and was told that the med doesn't come to this country. It's a very common med in the US. How could I get it here if it really isn't available?

Acira

Silver
Sep 20, 2009
www.blazingfuries.com
Go with the enclosed description of the medicine to a pharmacist, usually they recognize the medicine by the active substance in it and you can get a local or generic brand instead. Check the dosage however.

CoreyH

Mar 5, 2010
I did go to a hospital and got a script from a DR. there. He told me to go to the pharmacia, I went to Pharmacia Alberto. The woman there told me that this med did not come to this country. It has been my experience here that sometimes people tell you that something is not available just because they don't have it. I just wondered if this might be the case here. I think that dv8's husband has a pharmacy in Puerto Plata and I thought maybe he could help me, but I couldn't figure out how to PM her. Thanks for the help.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
yes, we have a pharmacy but we do not sell controlled substances. in POP there is one or maybe two farmacias that do.
i will PM you, just click on reply :)

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
I think your best bet in POP is the farmacia attached to Cento Medico Bournigal

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
You might need to go to major pharmacies: Clinica Corominas, Centro Medico Cibao, Carol, Farmacia Normal**, Union Medica, HOMS....**if they do not have it, it is not available, they are major importers.

HB