Missing Lambada!!

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
And humor, don't leave out humor.

Grahame is managing, pretty well I think. His head is still on, maybe not as straight as it was, but that is just my opinion...

Ginnie was a Force. Nuf said.

HB

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
I miss Ginnie dreadfully. But I can hear her in my head!! I think she is a tremendous loss to Dr1. Grahame is doing well - really well, but of course he misses her more than all of us put together.

And I miss Charlie too, Mr Whirleybird for his humour and his amazing generosity. Whirleybird is also back here and coping amazing well.

I have spent time with both Grahame and Whirleybird, and I know they have received support from some Dr1 members.But perhaps we should all make a special effort to keep in touch with those who have lost someone close to them. Email more, visit more, stay in touch more, and try and be a bit more Dominican?

If Grahame and Whirleybird were Dominican, they would always have family with them, visiting them and checking they were OK. But it seems to me, that the ex-pats here often behave as if they were at home. Not many people are checking on them, keeping in touch with them and it would be nice if the DR1 family could do that every so often.

So please drop them an email every so often, or pm them or if you are in the area pop in and see them.

Thanks

Matilda

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006
I speak to Grahame (bushbaby) quite regularly and, of course, we empathise with each other quite a lot as we have both endured very untimely losses in recent times.

I have proven to be the very lucky one right now in that I have the pleasure of belgiank and acira (and of course a few extra dogs) sharing my home and giving me the much needed company which I so desperately need - I cannot thank them enough for their contribution to allow me to stay in my home and the friendliness and care that they have shown me.

From all adversity comes good.....

I miss Ginnie lots also xXx

Thank you for prompting me to post this Matilda xXx

Last edited:

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Tell me about it. It's rare for a day to go by when I don't think "I wonder what Ginnie would have thought about this" or "I wish I could ask her advice on X". I also get that bittersweet pang when I refer to an old e-mail or DR1 thread and there she is, as if nothing.

Grahame will come back to posting when he feels the time is right, I'm sure. As far as I can tell he is doing OK considering. I hope he knows we're there for him, even those of us who are in far-flung outposts.

Mar 2, 2008
I miss Lambada daily.

She always had an insightful response to the most difficult and complex threads. She was truly one of a kind, and I am sure her knowledge and point of view will be sorely missed on this forum for years to come.

Perhaps that is part of her legacy.

drloca

Silver
Oct 26, 2004
Having had the privilege to have met Ginnie, I can only endorse what others before me have said....a very special and unique human being who is missed dearly.

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
Thanks, HB
send him my love

ask him to come back to DR1
I miss him, too!

Love received & acknowledged herewith Mountainannie. Thanks for the thoughts & well wishes!!

I only come on to DR1 occasionally as I find the bickering & censorship to be well outside my 'comfort level'. IF/when that changes back to being level playing fields for ALL posters, maybe I will reconsider.

Presently I will ONLY come on when I KNOW I can help someone & there will be no stupid antagonism demonstrated here. I think the FOUR main culprits know who they are!!

Best wishes to you & ALL that stated here how they miss SWMBO. Life is a BITCH sometimes but we will overcome (that was Ginnie's theme song in her life!!). ~ Grahame.

drtampa

Bronze
Oct 1, 2004
New Ulm, TX
Culture Smart is outstanding, especially the personal notes. Just finished it.
Miss Ginnie is very missed, she was a great help in my wife and I deciding where we should retire.

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
Love received & acknowledged herewith Mountainannie. Thanks for the thoughts & well wishes!!

I only come on to DR1 occasionally as I find the bickering & censorship to be well outside my 'comfort level'. IF/when that changes back to being level playing fields for ALL posters, maybe I will reconsider.

Presently I will ONLY come on when I KNOW I can help someone & there will be no stupid antagonism demonstrated here. I think the FOUR main culprits know who they are!!

Best wishes to you & ALL that stated here how they miss SWMBO. Life is a BITCH sometimes but we will overcome (that was Ginnie's theme song in her life!!). ~ Grahame.

Glad to hear from you! Certainly you are missed but no one would want you to add any sort of irritant to your life now.. just enjoy...

hugs

elizabeth

Saichichon

Aug 2, 2006
Miss my friend Ginnie dearly.....I'll always be grateful for your wit, wisdom, and teachings.......

Saskia

Jun 9, 2005
a true gem

I miss Ginnie so much, a lady who had some much wisdom and wit. DR1 is not the same without her for sure. But I will treasure our chats and the memories forever.

xx