I need to find a place to buy contacts

Status
Not open for further replies.

BobtheCat

Aug 28, 2010
I have an RX and need to find a place to buy contacts, Sosua would be good, but someplace somewhat close anyway. Thanks in advance for the info. BtC

BabyBlu

Jan 20, 2004
1-800 Contacts ships my contacts to my house via UPS, The optical shops here in SD were charging almost 2x the price!!

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
i second/third that. contact lenses are not popular here therefore expensive. and you have to order in advance.
i buy mine in poland and because i buy so much they even throw in some free, bless them.

BobtheCat

Aug 28, 2010
I went for the 1-800-contacts, shipping was $36.00 and a claimed 4 to 7 business days so we'll see, no pun intended. Thanks for the help. BtC

BabyBlu

Jan 20, 2004
I think the contacts get here quickly but they have to go through customs and whatnot. So dont get too worried if its a bit longer than the 4-7 days. Last time I got my contacts it took about 2 weeks and they were delivered by some random guy on a motorcycle.

FritoBandito

Bronze
Dec 19, 2009
I had laser eye surgery, and it was one of the best investments I ever made...it was worth every penny.

My eyes were so bad, being nearsighted, that I was practically legally blind without contacts. Now I can see 20/20, and it cleared up most of my astigmatism, as well. I remember losing a contact times before and having to walk around half-blind until I could get another one.

I paid a little under $3,000 and had it done about 3 years ago, with no complications at all...

....something you can consider.....

I hope you find your contacts, though....

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
I had laser eye surgery, and it was one of the best investments I ever made...it was worth every penny.

My eyes were so bad, being nearsighted, that I was practically legally blind without contacts. Now I can see 20/20, and it cleared up most of my astigmatism, as well. I remember losing a contact times before and having to walk around half-blind until I could get another one.

I paid a little under $3,000 and had it done about 3 years ago, with no complications at all...

....something you can consider.....

I hope you find your contacts, though....
2zrn9g4.gif

I don't know your age, but that surgery is not normally a lifetime change.

I had mine done around 1983 and had the 20/20 vision, but as I aged so changed my vision.
I am now back to pre-surgery eyesight.

Like everything else it seems, years ago it was cheaper to buy contacts here, but now it's more expensive, too costly now. The only advantage, no prescription needed here.

Don't even think about buying Contact Lens Solution in the DR,
................ it's like buying "Liquid Gold".

I bring back at least a years supply each time I travel to the States.

D in Tampa/Santiago

suarezn

Gold
Feb 3, 2002
As I'm scared of what might happen if I get the surgery I opted for some middle of the road solution. They now have these contacts here in The US that you can wear for extended periods (one month at a time for instance). I love them, I can sleep with them and don't even feel I have them in my eyes. Also as my sight changes (inevitably as you get older) I can just have the prescription adjusted to fit. I would imagine these would be very expensive down in The DR if they have them at all.

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
As I'm scared of what might happen if I get the surgery I opted for some middle of the road solution. They now have these contacts here in The US that you can wear for extended periods (one month at a time for instance). I love them, I can sleep with them and don't even feel I have them in my eyes. Also as my sight changes (inevitably as you get older) I can just have the prescription adjusted to fit. I would imagine these would be very expensive down in The DR if they have them at all.
They have had them for many years.

Focus - Night and Day is the brand I used.

D in Tampa/Santiago

Status
Not open for further replies.