My hat is off to Claro

Bob K

Silver
Aug 16, 2004
Wow what an experience we had with Claro today. Yes we too have all the usual junk with them and poor service, dropped calls, no service etc but today was all positive.
My phone finally after 4 years died last week. We were told the only place to go to something done was the main office in PP. So today we stopped in. After a short wait it was our turn. Wellington (guys name) spoke a fair amount of English and with our poor spanish we did just fine. NOt only did he help us but made sure we got our free replacement phone as we have had a contract for the last 4 years. Rather then turn us over to someone else to show us our options on phones he took it upon himself to do it so that nothing went wrong or we were not given wrong information. He explained to us in detail how the replacement plan works, made sure the new phone was working and our data transfered with out a problem and wanted to know if he could do anything else for us.
We were in and out in 25 min. Just a plesant experience. So thank you Claro and thank you Welllington

Bob K

ElvisNYC

Jan 27, 2006
I bet you Wellington is NOT Dominican, must be an American in disguise

I was thinking the same thing :D

Acira

Silver
Sep 20, 2009
www.blazingfuries.com
Got the same kind of guy when we went to the Claro office in Santiago since nothing seemed to work or willing to work in La Vega.
Nice, clean and swift service with written reports on every complaint we had, even got it through by himself that a technician came to our place to...discover that there was indeed a very bad signal - which we already knew - but hey now it was on record.
He was extremely helpful and went beyond his "powers" even to make it his duty that the contract we had for the Banda Ancha could be ended with a minimum of fee to pay because we did break the contract but with very good reasons.

We signed up on the spot there immediately for a new contract for 18 months and bought in the Santiago office a BB to go with it, which gave us a - still not very good but way better signal - so at least we could get on the Internet at a reasonable descent speed again.

You can find "gems" like that even with Claro ;)

Bob K

Silver
Aug 16, 2004
Nope Wellington was dominican.
Their overal service (phone service that is) still leaves much to be desired, but it was nice to get some positieve "customer service" for a change.

Bob K

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
I also just received excellent customer service from Claro.. my internet was down and they tried to get it going right over the phone and we could not. Then they sent two technicians out the next day!!!Milagro!

A far cry from Orange who dropped the entire area code for Western North Carolina and when I went to the main office in SD, they sat with me and assured me that all my old friends lived in Raleigh rather than Asheville..... I just dropped their service.