Nicki Beach

Status
Not open for further replies.

Acira

Silver
Sep 20, 2009
www.blazingfuries.com
Went this afternoon to Nicki Beach in Cabarete for lunch.

Service : 8/10 very professional and polite, slick and clean, knew their menu's and their coctails, know how to serve wine and food, can make good suggestions, very friendly, alway's attentive without being pushy.

Surrounding : 9/10 : very stylish decor, relaxed atmosphere, nice tables with clean linen and linen napkins, clean glasses, good music, some additional side way relax "beds" which gives the whole place an unique feeling.

Cuisine : 8,5/10 I had the Sushi and I must say it was good, eaten a lot of sushi in different places in the world and this one was certainly worth its money (1,050 RDS for 6 sushi's, 6 sashimi's and 20 rice rolls with lobster, tuna and some other raw fish) , sashimi fresh but could have been a bit cooler and sushi rice could have used a bit more vinegar (thats why it deducted a half a point), very nicely presented, wine (the house wine white) was excellent and had the right temperature. The rice rolls had a Carabean twist with mango and avocado in it which I liked very much and showed the creativity of the cheff.

Hope they keep up this level and definitely going back to try some more on the menu!

Acira

Aug 21, 2007
I have been there twice, yet don't walk away with the same opinion.

The sushi menu is extensive. I don't eat sushi. I believe the remaining menu is a bit limited and not too much different than any place else on the beach. My food was fine, but nothing special. The service I experienced was not up to Nikki Beach standards. We were there the second time on a week night. Next door, Papi's had 5 or 6 tables filled. Nikki Beach had two all night. There were two servers on the beach where we were. Each time that I needed our server he was off on the other side of the beach chatting with the other server. I had to flag him down.

Now, I must add that my opinions seem to be in the minority. My neighbors attend the Nikki Beach special events and they love it. I have never been to one of their special events.

I believe Nikki Beach could fill a void on Cabarete Beach. I hope they can provide the selection and quality of food, as well as maintain the top notch service that their worldwide reputation holds.

Lindsey

DMV123

Bronze
Mar 31, 2010
Tourists need to watch their bill very closely. Padding the bill has been done many times over the last 2months. Management needs to put a stop to this behavior or it will ruin their reputation.

The service is good and the food is good.

Acira

Silver
Sep 20, 2009
www.blazingfuries.com
Tourists need to watch their bill very closely. Padding the bill has been done many times over the last 2months. Management needs to put a stop to this behavior or it will ruin their reputation.

The service is good and the food is good.

How do you know that?
Anyway, I am not a tourist and even is that was the case, I alway's check my bills and have had not problems at all anywhere in any country except the USA.

I cannot compare Nikki Beach around the world but compared to other places I went in the DR that were way more expensive but those were definitely not worth the money. Nikki beach is.

mike l

Silver
Sep 4, 2007
I had a Pizza there today that was ok and will go there again as they have crab cakes with jumbo lump crabmeat.

I counted about 10 waiters with about 15 guests.

When my Pizza arrived the server was taking it to the beach when I was on the deck so there was no coordination.

I waited forever to pay my bill and finally walked up to the cash register to pay which took an extra 5 minutes because of lack of change for a $RD1000 peso note.

The change was in all new bills which I haven't seen before.

Their " white Linen " theme is great but the captains chairs were soiled .

Aug 21, 2007

Yes, and I mentioned in a previous thread about this that the first time I was at Nikki Beach, the waiter for the large table next to us was bragging to the table, saying "You won't believe what I have done with credit cards...."

And I hoped he was talking about charging on HIS OWN credit card and not involving himself in fraud with others'.

Lindsey

mike l

Silver
Sep 4, 2007
Yes, and I mentioned in a previous thread about this that the first time I was at Nikki Beach, the waiter for the large table next to us was bragging to the table, saying "You won't believe what I have done with credit cards...."

And I hoped he was talking about charging on HIS OWN credit card and not involving himself in fraud with others'.

Lindsey

I forgot to mention this important fact!

With all of the new "Wood Theme", They Forgot to Build Steps from the Beach to the Main Deck area From the Beach

I watched an old lady jump 2 feet to enter the area to go to the bathroom from the beach and the manager was talking with someone about this and that but they still haven't figured that out???

Nikki Beach....is DR Approved !

Reactions: Tamborista

oriole100

Bronze
Oct 9, 2005
We went there and the drinks were watered down. For what they charge, they can do better then this. The food was OK but you can get better elseware on the beach, with better service.

mike l

Silver
Sep 4, 2007
I don't think I am going to worry about that since Tuna and Salmon are fished in deep fresh ocean waters ;)

That's true but when The Dominicans catch these fish they are not put on ice or refridgeration so the decomposing and bacteria start immediately

Reactions: waytogo

Acira

Silver
Sep 20, 2009
www.blazingfuries.com
That's true but when The Dominicans catch these fish they are not put on ice or refridgeration so the decomposing and bacteria start immediately

I am not going to argue with you on that one...the more sushi for me then :)
I never had any problem with eating raw or cooked fish on the beaches in tropical countries because its freshly caught and sold immediately the same day. I have more problems with the frozen ones in the stores here because of the fluctuating temperatures of the freezers.

Status
Not open for further replies.