Open water swimming--No Marco Diaz

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Because he has never won anything like a real competition. He is a political promotion protected by veryhigh people in the government. He is not fast, he is not very good at anything beyond self promotion. Unfortunately he is the apple inthe government's eyes...see his backing for swiming around NYC and the celebration for something that was surpassed by another swimmer just two days later (And a female if memory serves!). Any triathlon swimmer could have done that hokey deal of swimming between the continents....There are other, more technical posts on these boards describing his shortcomings. Do a search.

The money dedicated to him should be used in better ways: education, health and real sports...

HB

Reactions: MikeFisher

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Because he has never won anything like a real competition. He is a political promotion protected by veryhigh people in the government. He is not fast, he is not very good at anything beyond self promotion. Unfortunately he is the apple inthe government's eyes...see his backing for swiming around NYC and the celebration for something that was surpassed by another swimmer just two days later (And a female if memory serves!). Any triathlon swimmer could have done that hokey deal of swimming between the continents....There are other, more technical posts on these boards describing his shortcomings. Do a search.

The money dedicated to him should be used in better ways: education, health and real sports...

HB

He may not be the world's best swimmer, but he's a great promotional tool and does help raise awareness of the DR. That in itself is worth something :)

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
I will grant you that Robert, but Miss Universe never got that support!! Nor did our Olympic champion boxer! Our little singer had to rely on the public to suppor her down in Argentina...

And who really pays attention to that stuff anyway??? Anyway....aw, no matter...it's his life, not mine,,,I just feel for the kids that could go so far with support like he had for nothing!!

HB, more of curmudgeon than ever...