False 25 pesos coins circulating in the streets

RenatoSosua

Bronze
Nov 8, 2006
groups.yahoo.com
The false coins are easy to bend and the sound they make when falling is very distinct from the good ones.

However, its color and circular shape is quite similar to the authentic, which can cause a group of coins together go unnoticed, much more if low light or at night.

The RD $ 25 coins are being counterfeited by unscrupulous people according to a copy which was obtained yesterday by Listin Diario

The false coins were located in the municipality of Santo Domingo West, but according to other similar copies have appeared in the National District.

source:
Est?n en la calle monedas falsas de 25 pesos - List?n Diario Digital

Reactions: Celt202 and Lucille

CFA123

Silver
May 29, 2004
Hmmm.
Most counterfeiters make US$100 or RD$2000 bills.

These must've been made by guys who ran out of credit to buy a Presidente down at the colmado.

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
Hmmm.
Most counterfeiters make US$100 or RD$2000 bills.

These must've been made by guys who ran out of credit to buy a Presidente down at the colmado.

not so long back we had a number of false 50 pesos bills in circulation,
yes, a heck of work to get a worthwhile amount in circulation, but small Bills are much less suspicious to be false.
I have to admit that I would never take the time to check a small bill to be authentic etc, that's their trick.

we also had some years back false US$1.- Bills, got 2 myself, lol.

Mike

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
once my mother wanted to pay her shopping bill only to find out her 50 zloty note was false (or so the cashier said). she came back home, shredded the note, flashed it down the toilet and then turned off all the lights and forbid me to open the door should the police come to look for her :)
i tried to explain that it was overdramatic and she should give the money to the police to have it checked but she would not listen :)

Reactions: woofsback