Orange rudeness & illogicality

granca

Bronze
Aug 20, 2007
Can any one explain this, please and what I can do about it?
I tried to order an orange internet modem hogar at RD$1,909 but was told that I couldn't because I did not have enough credit. This was nonsense as I have a credit limit on my Visa card of several hundred thousand pesos. I emailed Orange for an explanation but no reply.
I tried again today at the LT Orange shop for Internet Hogar at RD$1,300 and something, same reply. At the suggestion of the young lady we tried again using my wife's cedula etc and lo and behold - no problem. This is to me, stupid and illogical because my wife's monthly Orange bill is paid with my same credit card.
My payment record to Orange only ever had one hiccup about a year ago when I was a month late due to Visa changing my credit card.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
granca, I think your title is a little strong.

The employees you have dealt with have nothing to do with your credit issue with Orange and have to abide by whatever Orange says when they submit your application. I see nothing in your post to indicate you were treated rudely by the individuals you dealt with, in fact the contrary. The employee in the last place clearly looked for a way to help you, and her suggestion enabled you to get what you wanted.

Did you ask the employee at last place to check with Orange to find out exactly what the problem was with your credit?

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
I was turned down for the Orange Net Hogar plan too, and I've never had any credit issues. I don't have a DR credit card and I thought that was the reason. Mr C was accepted so our contract is in his name.

bienamor

Kansas redneck an proud of it
Apr 23, 2004
Go figure

I was turned down for the Orange Net Hogar plan too, and I've never had any credit issues. I don't have a DR credit card and I thought that was the reason. Mr C was accepted so our contract is in his name.

A year or so ago, I looked into getting Banda Ancho from Codetel. offered to pay the entire 18mo contract up front. Was denied due to no credit. I used to work for Codetel. And have no credit issues. go figure.

Oct 13, 2003
instagram.com
Whenever the letters in names on the credit card, transposed into their corresponding numbers and the credit number add up to a secret total, you automatically fail to qualify.

I believe there is also a secret total that automatically qualifies you for a life-long free subscription

granca

Bronze
Aug 20, 2007
Ken2, Sorry if I implied that the employees at the LT Orange shop were rude, they certainly were not but the people at "client services" of Orange certainly were and are. To me it is a complete absence of good manners not to acknowledge a question from a client even if eventually you cannot give him satisfaction. The reason for the refusal was transmitted to me by the helpful Orange shop employee as "credit not enough" which she got without explanation from Orange head office. What I also want to know is how do they arrive at this statement. Chirimoya's comment leads me to suspect that there is an unpublished anti expat rule somewhere in Orange. Who's their "Boss person"?

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Yes, maybe it is discriminatory. I would imagine that they perceive foreigners as more likely to up sticks and fail to honour the contract, but I didn't lose sleep over it as we got it anyway.

You can try contacting their management via the Orange Dominicana site -
Orange Dominicana ? - contactos
But the best thing would be to get an actual name and e-mail, maybe someone here can help?

Eddy

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
Can any one explain this, please and what I can do about it?
I tried to order an orange internet modem hogar at RD$1,909 but was told that I couldn't because I did not have enough credit. This was nonsense as I have a credit limit on my Visa card of several hundred thousand pesos. I emailed Orange for an explanation but no reply.
I tried again today at the LT Orange shop for Internet Hogar at RD$1,300 and something, same reply. At the suggestion of the young lady we tried again using my wife's cedula etc and lo and behold - no problem. This is to me, stupid and illogical because my wife's monthly Orange bill is paid with my same credit card.
My payment record to Orange only ever had one hiccup about a year ago when I was a month late due to Visa changing my credit card.

A year or so ago, there was a thread on how to establish credit. Very simple. Look it up. In a nut shell, apply for a small loan 100,000.00 pesos or so. Leave a certificate in that amount in guarantee. Make 3 or 4 monthly payments on time, pay off the balance and bingo you've got good credit. I applied for something similar at tricom a few years ago and they told me that I could not get credit because I was not Dominican. At my request, she punched in my cedula and what a surprise on her face. She was ready to draw up the contract.

baby bori

May 18, 2010
Question if I take my apple ipad to the DR will it work?? Would I need to get internet via Orange or Claro??? Just curious if somehow it could function without difficulty overthere???

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
Ken2, Sorry if I implied that the employees at the LT Orange shop were rude, they certainly were not but the people at "client services" of Orange certainly were and are. To me it is a complete absence of good manners not to acknowledge a question from a client even if eventually you cannot give him satisfaction. The reason for the refusal was transmitted to me by the helpful Orange shop employee as "credit not enough" which she got without explanation from Orange head office. What I also want to know is how do they arrive at this statement. Chirimoya's comment leads me to suspect that there is an unpublished anti expat rule somewhere in Orange. Who's their "Boss person"?

Yeah.. Dominican and French does not make for a great customer service department....
I watched them buy stolen phones over the counter in LT... and then they dropped an area code and argued with me about it...

Switch to Claro

Squat

Tropical geek in Las Terrenas
Jan 1, 2002
Yeah.. Dominican and French does not make for a great customer service department....
I watched them buy stolen phones over the counter in LT... and then they dropped an area code and argued with me about it...

Switch to Claro
Another stupid & uninformed post by MA... As usual...

granca

Bronze
Aug 20, 2007
I'm after your help again please:
1) What is the name of Orange Dominicana's C.E.O. and , if possible, his email address.
2) As you will have read my application to Orange for internet service was turned down as was that of Chirimoya. It looks very much like Orange is breaking the law by engaging in discrimination based on one being an immigrant. Would any of you who have had similar experiences please let me know as, if a letter to their C.E.O. fails, I shall take further action. Thank you.

Feb 7, 2007
I got open (Max) plan without cedula and with no "credit" references (the way they understand them) 3 years ago. You cannot do that in regular Orange store, you HAVE to go to Capital to their principal office and if you are nice and charming enough one of their employees will certainly help you out.

granca

Bronze
Aug 20, 2007
rubio_higuey, i agree that there seems to be no problem with their cell phone plans. I too got the Max plan some three years ago, paid monthly from my UK Visa card. No problems.

Feb 7, 2007
If you have MAX plan still active, then you DO HAVE credit reference - directly with them. For anything serious, I don't talk to dealers, I talk to main office. Also do not call the callcenter - now the calls are mainly handled out of Colombia. A trip to the Capital, main office. For emails into orange - try first letter of first name full last name @ orange.com.do or first two letters of first name. e.f. jsmith@orange.com.do or josmith@orange.com.do - it is a confirmed email for all Orange Negocios reps. Maybe, if lucky, the CEO has the same email format.

You can blindly shoot email to harion, jharion, jmharion, mharion, jeharion, maharion, mjharion etc.