So, who had the most interesting weekend?

Anastacio

Banned
Feb 22, 2010
Unfortunately I am not a contender. Friday, had about 5 showers as had picked up bit of a fever of some sorts. Felt fine Saturday but my ears were bleeding, still very painful and the odd bit of blood but after I found a couple ticks in my bathroom am putting it down to the little blighters climbing in my ears for a feast, probably not though, lol.
Saturday, went out to buy a beautiful new sweeping brush, very impressed with it and try to locate some wheels u successfully. Saturday night went out dancing with my girls, ended up sitting outside my pals colmado until 6am drinking beer and listening to Venezuelan hip hop.
Sunday, had the intention of going swimming but decided against it due to my bleeding ears, fear of infection.
So a pretty boring weekend overall.

Anyone do anything worth recommending or just interesting?

Africaida

Gold
Jun 19, 2009
Sounds like a not so boring week end to me. If you hear mine, you would come to realize what really is a boring week end :)

Boring but,thank God, no bleeding ears :)

skinny36

Mar 2, 2010
Unfortunately I am not a contender. Friday, had about 5 showers as had picked up bit of a fever of some sorts. Felt fine Saturday but my ears were bleeding, still very painful and the odd bit of blood but after I found a couple ticks in my bathroom am putting it down to the little blighters climbing in my ears for a feast, probably not though, lol.
Saturday, went out to buy a beautiful new sweeping brush, very impressed with it and try to locate some wheels u successfully. Saturday night went out dancing with my girls, ended up sitting outside my pals colmado until 6am drinking beer and listening to Venezuelan hip hop.
Sunday, had the intention of going swimming but decided against it due to my bleeding ears, fear of infection.
So a pretty boring weekend overall.

Anyone do anything worth recommending or just interesting?

You win!! no bleeding anything here ~ very boring weekend!

pedrochemical

Silver
Aug 22, 2008
I crave boring at the moment......

I believe an old Chinese curse is - "May you live in interesting times..."

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
I had a fantabulous weekend, we welcomed grandson #2 to our family. They named him Dominic Leonardo after my husband. 8 lbs. 2 oz., 21" long.

71636_1456599904076_1505716246_31289488_2776590_n.jpg

AE

drloca

Silver
Oct 26, 2004
You win hands down AE...congrats, great news and hope mother and baby are doing well.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
That beats my cooking a 22# fresh ham to perfection as testimonials were written and signed by all those present. You can imagine, if an Irishman congratulates you on your Potatoes!!! Great feast.
Sunday spent recovering..

HB

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
Went to an "all you can eat" Iranian restaurant in Marietta. Yum Yum, excellent Kebabs and other items. Then I went to my sister's house for an evening BBQ. Sunday morning, I found myself in the delta plane heading to santo domingo.
AZB

ccarabella

Feb 5, 2002
Great news for me!

Went to an "all you can eat" Iranian restaurant in Marietta. Yum Yum, excellent Kebabs and other items. Then I went to my sister's house for an evening BBQ. Sunday morning, I found myself in the delta plane heading to santo domingo.
AZB

My 75 year old father got wireless internet in Moca!
I sent him a Youtube video of his favorite artist, Carlos Gardel,
to his first ever email account!
He's still a bit confused but very excited.

-----

Oooh AZB, you must share the name of this Iranian Restaurant in Marietta.

-DL to Santo Domingo is a long day if you are going to El Cibao:tired:.
I sure miss the Santiago and Pto Plata flights. Getting home was so much easier.

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
My 75 year old father got wireless internet in Moca!
I sent him a Youtube video of his favorite artist, Carlos Gardel,
to his first ever email account!
He's still a bit confused but very excited.

-----

Oooh AZB, you must share the name of this Iranian Restaurant in Marietta.

-DL to Santo Domingo is a long day if you are going to El Cibao:tired:.
I sure miss the Santiago and Pto Plata flights. Getting home was so much easier.

No DL atl-sti flights. i am so sad. I take Delta from sdq to atl now.
The restaurant is called Mediterranean Grill in marietta. Not the best restaurant but closer to my home and all you can eat deal, you can't beat.

Click on the link below:

Shish Kebob Mediterranean Grill

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
No DL atl-sti flights. i am so sad. I take Delta from sdq to atl now.
The restaurant is called Mediterranean Grill in marietta. Not the best restaurant but closer to my home and all you can eat deal, you can't beat.

Click on the link below:

Shish Kebob Mediterranean Grill

I know this is off-topic [sorry] but I love Iranian food. AZB, did you ever eat at the Tehran Restaurant on 43rd Street between 5th & 6th? It was one of my favorites in Manhattan. I wonder if it's still there?

AE

2dlight

Bronze
Jun 3, 2004
...where the sun don't shine.

I used my reputation and expertise to help my employer build a successful business from scratch for the last 3 years. Last Friday they felt I was being paid more than the best in the industry;they offered me a 50% cut in pay.You know the phrase, "...take this job and shove it!", turned in my keys and began working for their main competitor on Monday.:pirate:

E

engineerfg

AZB

woah woah woah back dat azz up! commo se llama this Persian restaurant? I must drive them into bankruptcy by eating all I can!

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
i slept which was good. i had a dream i was in hell. the devil explained i was there because i commited a suicide and i will stay there for eternity. hell is an old city, houses made of stones and stone streets. it is always night and it's dark except for brief moments when the moon suddenly shines from behind the clouds. with the corner of my eye i can see zombies aimlessly walking around, but when i look at them directly the streets are empty. i have a flash light but it's not very good.
on sunday we went to maimon and we had some fish. hell was more interesting, kinda. but the fish was good too :)

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
I know this is off-topic [sorry] but I love Iranian food. AZB, did you ever eat at the Tehran Restaurant on 43rd Street between 5th & 6th? It was one of my favorites in Manhattan. I wonder if it's still there?

AE

Actually I had never eaten in Persian restaurants until recently. I ate in the marietta restaurant a few times but I really got turned on to persian food when I went to london (last week). I didn't know london was so ethnically mixed and had such a wide variety of international restaurant choices. My uncle's friend was a stocky Iranian who spent most of his money eating in various restaurants all over london. He took us to a restaurant which just blew me away. I was amazed at the fine quality and variety of international restaurants london has to offer. Now I will make it part of my religion to find good persian restaurants in USA. I will try your recommendation in NY.
AZB