I apologies

Miacol

Apr 22, 2010
I took my time and ask my cousin to connect me to someone at El Nacional so I can ask a few questions, here is what I was informed....

1. Yes, there were reports after 1/13 that there were 100 killed, but the news quickly fluctuated down between 10 and 20 and no one could confirm 100%, plus so much was happening at one time that there was no true way to gather all the news properly. Most were reports by people calling in, it took several days for things to full into a normal pattern and for proper news to be reported. Take the first 2 days with a grain of salt.

2. The news of the town was a news conversation about an event that had occurred close to 100 years ago and how it was poorly documented and that we need to be more careful about what is reported and how. It was more of a call to better news reporting and not any type of news worthy information. I basically heard a talk show from the north and assumed it was news.

3. The attack in Santiago, they confirmed it was reported, but it's no bigger news then any other killing that occurs, that day it was 10 Dominicans, another time it's 5 Haitians, etc nothing really large scale news. Killings happen everyday.

According to the person I spoke to, thanks to my cousin, I just happen to catch the news at the wrong time and misinterpreted what I heard.

woofsback

Bronze
Dec 20, 2009
the wrong time and misinterpreted what I heard.

it takes a good man to admit they made a mistake

i'm sure everyone understands :)