My exprience of bavaro

albertodino

Sep 30, 2010
Hi to all members

i would like to share my exprience in bavaro including my rental and life thre my point of view for everything.

After staying in ai hotel in july for 2 weeks and meeting a local girl around that hotel who works as hair braiding i decided to give it a try to live thre and exprince the culture.

I have found a real estate agent online i dont want to give name ,he has found me a long term rental and picked me up at the airport with the local girl that who i called before my arrival and told her to come to meet me at the airport,

that girl i have met before me and agent in the car were heading towards my appartment in los corales,he asked her how old she was and she said she was 35 years old ,but when i have met her first time she told me she was 30 years old...hmmmmm i said to my self show is starting lol,,,any way agent was very nice man and the rental in the los corales was amazing although has certain smal problems,office and people work in los corales villas are very professional people ,althoght i told them i would stay long term then i have changed my mind about staying longer they still fully returned my cash payment just only charging me for 50$ american for each daythat was very nice of them,i want to thank specially mrs milly,she is very nice young lady

then i wanted to exprience the beach which is may be best part of bavaro beach wise is los corales white amazing beach,,but vendors on the beach are very disturbing specially it is low season and they are little bit agresive.

Next day or in 2 days i wanted to see my local girl firneds father who actually i have met before when i was in vacation,i took them out for lunch and friends then during conversation it turned out that my local girl friend actually was 39 years old ,although she said it is only on the paper,any way i was planing to marry her and may be bring her here to north america but i changed my mind .

Food;;;;;;i ate outside every type of food including local restaurants for workers i never had any stomach problem ,very clean and nice..super market in cortecito is amzing price for steak and chicken almost the same price in north america and very fresh and clean,,but also in cortecito people are vendors i guess still mught disturb you(low season),,

let us talk about how friendly people ;;;;

i dont think people in dr are very friendly honestly everything based on buying and selling,every smile base on money and fake,,,i ll give you a example for being friendly,,,,being friendly for me some times these people offer you some thing free or they take you to their home offer you lunch or some times once in a while when you go out they pay ,,i never exprienced this and i talked to the people who has been living there for 12 years they complain the same problem,,,,,,

problem over there is that nobody try to help those poor people to change their life condition.every body comes from ,canada ,america,europe ,come there to tak advantage of the situation ,low price vacation and they leave without caring about these people...

How can you trust a nite watch man in your yard who works 12 hours a day and get paid 200$ a month,you cant

they lie lot ,in my agent car my local girl friend asked me what i was expacting from her i said ,honesty and faitfull and never lie very simple,and in 48 hours she told me may be 20 lies lol,

every body says i am your friend if you need me,once a guy i spent 40 dolars for food and giving money to his kids he refused to let me use his phone to make a local call,,,hahahahahah that was funny and not honest at all.

Any this is my conclusion about this place ,ther are lot of good and bad but one thing is sure ,if they act better than now they are acting dr would be # 1 vacation destination otherwise it will go on bankruptcy,,,,

you guys should take lessons from puerto plata there almost on bancrruptcy becasue of mistreating and overcharging people and scaring them,

foreigner people come thre to relax for 1 or 2 weeks not to be disturbed in every step we do or stoped in the middle of the conversation with your friends,,people in dr think every single foreigner canadian,or american or from europe are rich and gringos,,they only see you as dolar ,,,but lot of people are middle class hard working people come to relax and when i talked to them they say they would not return,,,,al these forum memebers instead of writing here you better start talking to these people or goverment to educate the people about tourism.

People at the airport none of them able to speak english or french
if you spend money they are nice if you dont you are in trouble my 6 days vacation cost me 1800$ mostly went to her friends and to her ,,,

and iam back to home ,would i come back to dominican repuplic,honestly no,,

but for some one who would like to stay in all inclusive hotel for 1 ,or 2 weeks i would say yes go and try to enjoy it,,,,,,,,,,,,

thank you very much for taking your time and reading

JensL

Oct 26, 2010
www.salsa-le.de
Hi,

This is my first Post in this Board. I am from Germany ( my English is little bad).

Sorry for the opener albertodino, but also i stay 2 times in the DR.

First in AI Hotel 2 weeks.

Second as an induvidual tourist 3 weeks. I paid 750 Euro total for Hotel, Concert in Santo Domingo, Taxi , Fun with Girls, eat and drink.

The differenc to you is, I can speak a little Spanish and I am only meet real Girls.

Not the nicest of the whole country - but real.

That is why Iam come back - I love this Country

Jens

baby bori

May 18, 2010
Never hook up with a girl that doesn't work, lives in a barrio, has 2 or more kids, non college educated as trouble will be around the corner and you will notice her lies and sneaky caniving ways!!!

Jun 18, 2007
www.rentalmetrocountry.com
Hi,

This is my first Post in this Board. I am from Germany ( my English is little bad).

Sorry for the opener albertodino, but also i stay 2 times in the DR.

First in AI Hotel 2 weeks.

Second as an induvidual tourist 3 weeks. I paid 750 Euro total for Hotel, Concert in Santo Domingo, Taxi , Fun with Girls, eat and drink.

The differenc to you is, I can speak a little Spanish and I am only meet real Girls.

Not the nicest of the whole country - but real.

That is why Iam come back - I love this Country

Jens

I have seen your girls Jens;)

orestesnoboa

Oct 26, 2010
There are many dominicans that are honest, educated, love to help travelers (not for their money) and will help you any time you come. Connet with Couch Surfeing and you will find great people there. Most of the dominican CSers are in Santo Domingo. Sorry for your terrible experience. It is true, many dishonest dominicans. Like many deshones americans, europeans, latinamericans, asians, africans, etc. There are great people all over the world. It just depend to whom do you conect with.

Reactions: greydread

albertodino

Sep 30, 2010
sorry i forgot one person

actually i forgot one person who was very nice and friendly real friendly ,he is born dominican living at villas los corales ,his name is nelson very educated and friendly he invited me to have supper fresh fish ,those fishes he himself catch them and eat them same day.that guy is very nice person and his son .
even him was complaining about the situation and the way dominican are treating foreigners.....i want to send him my special thanks from my hearth and soul.actually i forgot to take his phone number if some one can get it and send to me private message i would be very happy,

Hi to all members

i would like to share my exprience in bavaro including my rental and life thre my point of view for everything.

After staying in ai hotel in july for 2 weeks and meeting a local girl around that hotel who works as hair braiding i decided to give it a try to live thre and exprince the culture.

I have found a real estate agent online i dont want to give name ,he has found me a long term rental and picked me up at the airport with the local girl that who i called before my arrival and told her to come to meet me at the airport,

that girl i have met before me and agent in the car were heading towards my appartment in los corales,he asked her how old she was and she said she was 35 years old ,but when i have met her first time she told me she was 30 years old...hmmmmm i said to my self show is starting lol,,,any way agent was very nice man and the rental in the los corales was amazing although has certain smal problems,office and people work in los corales villas are very professional people ,althoght i told them i would stay long term then i have changed my mind about staying longer they still fully returned my cash payment just only charging me for 50$ american for each daythat was very nice of them,i want to thank specially mrs milly,she is very nice young lady

then i wanted to exprience the beach which is may be best part of bavaro beach wise is los corales white amazing beach,,but vendors on the beach are very disturbing specially it is low season and they are little bit agresive.

Next day or in 2 days i wanted to see my local girl firneds father who actually i have met before when i was in vacation,i took them out for lunch and friends then during conversation it turned out that my local girl friend actually was 39 years old ,although she said it is only on the paper,any way i was planing to marry her and may be bring her here to north america but i changed my mind .

Food;;;;;;i ate outside every type of food including local restaurants for workers i never had any stomach problem ,very clean and nice..super market in cortecito is amzing price for steak and chicken almost the same price in north america and very fresh and clean,,but also in cortecito people are vendors i guess still mught disturb you(low season),,

let us talk about how friendly people ;;;;

i dont think people in dr are very friendly honestly everything based on buying and selling,every smile base on money and fake,,,i ll give you a example for being friendly,,,,being friendly for me some times these people offer you some thing free or they take you to their home offer you lunch or some times once in a while when you go out they pay ,,i never exprienced this and i talked to the people who has been living there for 12 years they complain the same problem,,,,,,

problem over there is that nobody try to help those poor people to change their life condition.every body comes from ,canada ,america,europe ,come there to tak advantage of the situation ,low price vacation and they leave without caring about these people...

How can you trust a nite watch man in your yard who works 12 hours a day and get paid 200$ a month,you cant

they lie lot ,in my agent car my local girl friend asked me what i was expacting from her i said ,honesty and faitfull and never lie very simple,and in 48 hours she told me may be 20 lies lol,

every body says i am your friend if you need me,once a guy i spent 40 dolars for food and giving money to his kids he refused to let me use his phone to make a local call,,,hahahahahah that was funny and not honest at all.

Any this is my conclusion about this place ,ther are lot of good and bad but one thing is sure ,if they act better than now they are acting dr would be # 1 vacation destination otherwise it will go on bankruptcy,,,,

you guys should take lessons from puerto plata there almost on bancrruptcy becasue of mistreating and overcharging people and scaring them,

foreigner people come thre to relax for 1 or 2 weeks not to be disturbed in every step we do or stoped in the middle of the conversation with your friends,,people in dr think every single foreigner canadian,or american or from europe are rich and gringos,,they only see you as dolar ,,,but lot of people are middle class hard working people come to relax and when i talked to them they say they would not return,,,,al these forum memebers instead of writing here you better start talking to these people or goverment to educate the people about tourism.

People at the airport none of them able to speak english or french
if you spend money they are nice if you dont you are in trouble my 6 days vacation cost me 1800$ mostly went to her friends and to her ,,,

and iam back to home ,would i come back to dominican repuplic,honestly no,,

but for some one who would like to stay in all inclusive hotel for 1 ,or 2 weeks i would say yes go and try to enjoy it,,,,,,,,,,,,

thank you very much for taking your time and reading

Let me ask you something my friend, Would you go out of your way to hang out with the poorest people in your own country???? When you put yourself in this position in your own country or in DR these people will look at you as a very rich person who should be treating them and spending on them. I suggest you set your sites a little higher and learn the language and associate with people more or less in your socio economic circle or as close as you can get to that. People come to DR and always seem to associate with the bottom of the Dominican population and never see the other side of DR.

Reactions: bienamor

albertodino

Sep 30, 2010
yee

yes mr milos is 100% right.he was my agent and very nice man i would suggest him any body for buying or renting in punta can dr

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
yes mr milos is 100% right.he was my agent and very nice man i would suggest him any body for buying or renting in punta can dr

so If Milosh is Right,
and I know He Is right,
what's Your complaint about the DR???
you did not bring any well educated behavior and due that leak of such You had a bad experience with a Haitian Street Hooker in the DR,
I still do not see the Point where the DR is to blame on anything of your failures whuich by Your Own desciption You seem to have done on daily/permanent bases.
Do You thimk Your vacation would have come out Cheaper or mor Successful in Thailand?
I don't get the point from what You wanna warn others from,
b'c most others would not try to live such Vaca anyways.
cheers
Mike

albertodino

Sep 30, 2010
to mr mike fisher

mr mike if you had read my post from the beginning you would have seen that i was only suggesting all inclusive vacations in dr .my complaint is not only that girl friend over there,there are lot of serious problems there.having a vacation in ai hotel for 1 or 2 weeks and living with people outside two diffrent things.that was my point nothing else.
everybody says people in dr are friendly i try to meet some of them but it was a big failure. i did not come to my conclusion by just judging by my self by talking the people who have been living there very long terms.the only thing they were happpy about was sunshine and beaches ,the rest for them is overwhelming,,,,

actually my be it is me who would always like to see everybody in equal conditions may be this is why i was not able to enjoy the beauty over there while others are suffering from extreme poverty.how could you blame a person who works 12 hours a day in that hot weather and get paid 200$ a month if that persons begs on the street or on the beach,,,,you cant,,,

but i always say and still say the same thing that dr is amazingly beautyfull land,if people over there get better conditons and get educated about tourism ,dr would be # 1 destination and you guys over there would be more succesfull ,,instead of doing deep fishing and realestate some times you should join and organize volenteer educations or aother activities for your future and for your kid's future for this island that you survive on it,,,,

thank you very much to all

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
And maybe you should check your facts before making uninformed statements. Mike is well known for his charitable/voluntary activities in the local area.

hammerdown

Bronze
Apr 29, 2005
and maybe you should get out of touristville and see the real DR.....most people that live here love the people and the country, except those living in big tourist towns...ie Bavaro

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
Albertodino,
I am not living since over a Decade and a Half in some fenced off Millionaire's Villa separated from the people of this Island.
I live in the middle of a small fishing Town named Cabeza de Toro, aside of a few large Sportfishing yachts all other Boats based here are Old Fashioned small Fishing Boats which never take any Tourist or such to make money, they just go fishing for a week and If lucky enough back in Town we have a nice Fiesta with all Neighbours and some good money is on the Table. and yes, there are Times when Boats come back after many days and Nights on the Ocean and the lil catch brought in does not pay for the Gas/Food/Cigaretts/Rum ect spent on the Ride, it's Life on the Ocean simply.
and I can compare very well the Life of Rich families, which a good number of Friends are, of Countryside Landowners, which I am myself, of People living in a Typical Dominican Town where I live myself, and also a tyopical AI vacation which I take with My Wife 2-4 Times per Year for a week at one of the Resorts here, too, so I guess I can compare the differences.
and none of the experiences I made during the long Years at any of those Locations would bring me not even close to the conclusion to name Your described Experinces Typical, they aren't.
You have absolutely No Clue about the Country Nor it's People to Judge If 200 bucks per month for a low level unprofessional Job are little or a lot, enough for a living or not, reason for begging or not, You Can't.
You will never see a Worker with a steady income, even 200 per month on minimum salary, on the Streets begging for anything, NEVER.
I get the Impression, and just My Impression by reading your Tripreport, of course I don't KNOW because I've not been there to witness, but My Impression is that You simply dived in the poorest Neighbourhoods, mentally/educationally completely Unprepaired for the Experience, You tried to Save the whole poor DR World with 1800 bucks and finally You found out that you did in reality nothing more than to make a haitian Hooker and Her Pimps for a short while Rich and for sure Happy.
nothing of that has anything to do with talks about "Real DR" or such.
what is the real DR?
the poorest on the streets of Santo Domingo?, did you see them?
or a mid Class Dominican Business Man in Higuey or La Romana?
or a Rich old Money Family in Santiago?
they are all very different and they are All Typical and Real DR.
the same way as Your own Homecountry has People who barely can efford the needed daily Food, living side by side with some superrich who spend per Year more money on the Wife's Beauty Salon than others make for the whole Family in a lifetime. that's matter of fact of Life, valid for all countries.
Visit some shelters for the Hundreds of Thousands Homeless in Washington DC, or some Barrios in Berlin/Germany etc etc and then tell Me it is all bad only here in the DR.
arranging Volunteer work?
why that?
People who wanna do Good can do so without Me or anybody else arranging such.
and for the Ones who are not capable to do so on their own, we have a large number of Charities running all over the Island where Volunteers can hook up with and be part of their Programs.
for Myself I do not like much Organizations/shedules/programs/groups, I never been a good Teamplayer sorrily, I am a Typical all alone Rider on my own shedule and clock.
I have this school year 27 Kids in school, none of them is my own Child, and I am not alone paying for their expenses, several friends of mine assist on that, to get books, uniforms, transportation, daily meals, medical Needs etc etc.
I don't feel the Need to go Out there and search for some Girls who would appreciate my Money to spend on.
the Kids find their way to me or mostly to my Wife all alone,
so I can go on and try to get some Fish in da Fridge.

You came over here to experience typical DR Life, to "mix with the Locals", explore what it is like to be Dominican, but I really Guess You did still not find the DR.
good luck on the next venture
Mike

Reactions: AlterEgo

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
right Milosh,
it is anyways all about Fishing.
when Fishing Out on the Ocean for a specific Spezies and You don't get it On the Hook, You have to reconsider the Strategies and may need to change the Bait, and before All of that anyways You need to Know the Ocean You're Fishing In.
when Fishing Out on the Streets for a specific Spezies and You don't get the required One on da Hook, You have to reconsider the Strategies and May need to change the Bait, and before All of that anyways You need to Know the Streets Out there You're fishing around.

it's always all about the Fisherman's Rules, ha ha

Mike

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Girls here are like disposable razors. When they get under your skin, get a new one.

DMV123

Bronze
Mar 31, 2010
What you had was NOT an experience of living here but a different form of short term vacation. If you have not been here at least a year then you really do not know much.

You talk about this girl and lay blame at her feet but how about your share? Do you meet a girl in Canada and suspect or know she is lying and then think about moving in with her??? Or marrying her as you stated??? Hello - reality check!

Most of this is your own fault. You should stop trying to advise anyone on how to vacation here - you obviously did not get it right.

Reactions: MikeFisher

albertodino

Sep 30, 2010
to mr milos and mr mike

mr milos you are right DR is like a drug once you are there it is like a blackhole pulls you in sucks you in,honestly in deep inside i love that island but,,,,,,,,

that girl called me again actually she is not whore hard working on the beach braiding hair.i told her because of her age lies i rather not seeing her and she said through the translator on th phone she is cring every day and not eating much.i dont know if this is true or not even if it is true does not mater for me at the moment,

i am canadian but not born canadian and does not matter in canda there is no second class citizenship,may be only in customs you would feel some times that you were not born here in canda but rest of the country as goverment wise against are very nice and equal conditions,,,i love canada i fell in peace here and i study physics and quantum physics and astrophysics personally not going to any school.

the reason i wanted to be in DR was that i wanted to have a girl friend who could give me a baby and family.mr milos have seen me and knows that iam good looking and athletic guy working out regularly.why cant i find girls here actually i do if you have seen my past pictures you will see that i dated every type girl from japon to isreal or black or white i cant even count,,,,

i am origannaly medeterian born in turkey and greece in real i have armenian blood line.so i love water and sunshine this is the only problem for me in canada even my skin started to change in 13 years my bones also.

i came to the DR in july for 2 weeks i was impressed by the service in hotel and smilling faces and the culture.in 2 weeks i was outside in that town where mr mike is living .i gave every single kids on the street and the kids of the family i met money sorry to say that iam not even suppoused to mention what i did good for human ))and i said to my self i felt good here i can continue my studies and live here for a while and may be i can do sone help to those people,

i never had any strong feeling for that girl over there but i said to my self so what she needs me i can help her and creator god would give me some credits.,,but when she lied about her age to impress me although i told her i hate lies i changed mymind

milos asked her age in the car and she said she was 35 in next 48 hours 39 ,also milos is witness again i told her i was tired and i dont want her to stay in my appartment for a few days beacuse i did not want to sleep with her after those moments and every day i avoided her one way or another till i leave..

second reason is first time she came to pick me from my appartment she came there with a private car not even registered taxi and the driver of the car was carring a gun in his pant openly showing it to me.when i aksed hereshe said he is my friend and he is police and part time taxi driver and every 2 minutes she keeps reapating he is my friend he is my friend blah blah and he showed me his police id i dont even know if it is real or not any way everything was fine he droped us to cebeza de toro...

but personally i did not like that,she paid the same amount of money you would pay the registered taxi,,why did she try to show me off that she has that type of friends ,,,i did not like it at alllllllllllllllllllllllll,

because we hear so many diffrent stories from canada and we hasitate some times i opened the topics to lot of friends of mine and they said you did the right thing by coming back,,,,i dont know you tell me milos or mike,,,

and let us come to amazing beach yes it is but if they stop you every step you do on the beach where is the beauty???? they say dont worry after 48 hurs they will know you and not stop you again but no they do..

a night earlier in fronnt of villas los corales there was a beach party in that small bar nice music i love transe music.. i have seen a few local guys were sitting separetely i said to my self let me go and drink with them and comunicate.everything went nice they were complaning about life conditions and low seasons and other problems and tried to teach them some spirituality by telling them look at the sky and try to feel the power of the universe and get ready for your next life by being good person although life is difficult.

next day one of the guy stoped me while i was swiming and asked me some money ,i said i cant not give you money iam not rich ,he said i do like you said last night dont steal and ask ,and he said he is asking me instead of stealing,,,,,jvf'bgf'bdgbl';bk ld;'g[mblg'b mv. 'mv,.c',mnb'g,,,,i was that complicated i asked him what he needed the money for , and he said for food,,,i said okkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk no problem if you need the money for food i said let us go to restaurant and i buy a food ,and i did i was happy to help some one at east i was able to see where money went....i do the same thing in canada to the homeless people ,i take them to mc donald buy food them instead of giving money,because some times you dont know ehre money goes..

anyway dr is amazingly bautiful land like milos say yes my urges deepinside telling me go try it again,,but i really dont know ,,

if i come back i dont want to see that girl and would like to have real friend who knows DR good and help me to help people over there.

may be i also exaggerated a bit, we will see

thak you all

JensL

Oct 26, 2010
www.salsa-le.de
mmmmhh..

there is a big difference, about 2 Countrys. you are born in greece? or as an armenian in turkey?

Greece is a member of the European Union and you can stay, live and work around the world, and nobady is hungry.

and the Turkey is a poor country with the same problems as the Dr. No, Turkey have more. They have problems with the islam and no girls around.

And you know this and you wondering if you go to the DR?