New Plans

wylechile_2000

Apr 18, 2008
Yes i know this post is long over due. After the earthquake in HAiti I decided to move to the DR and find a teaching job. I want to thank to all of those who wrote to me to give me suggestions of where I could find job. I found a job in a call center in San Isidro immediately and then I found job at Progressive English services which was preety good. The only thing is that i was living with a family that had five kids and let's just say that they were jealous of me. The man couldn't keep a job, the wife wasn't working. I had to pay half their rent, never mind that it was just me and my two kids compared to their family of seven. The jewelry that I had on me was stolen in the house but they claimed not to know wnaything about. Even tried to throw the blame onmy 7 year old son. To make a long story short they made my life aliving hell and I couldn't move because I had no one with me to watch the kids while worked at the call center. So I came back to Haiti and now I work for an NGO that provides water in the camps. We have also been very active in the cholera response.
I want to send a special thankyou to Lateacher, Chimoya, and Chris Castro who extended his help to me even though I lost contact with him.
I plan to come back to the DR one day but I dont know when. I met alot of interesting people. And the dominican people were so friendly to me(most of them anyway). NOw as I work for this NGO I am pursuing my education and got an online scholarship from the UNiversity of Maryland and I'm specializing in Teaching English To Young Learners in hopes that this certifiaction will be useful to me when I do decide to come back. Thanks again everyone for your help.

Aug 21, 2007
How nice of you to give us closure, telling the outcome of your story. Best of luck to you and your children.

Lindsey

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
That is a very inspiring message. Best of luck, you certainly have it coming.