Baseball trip to Estadio Cidao, Santiago

Status
Not open for further replies.

ricgrass

Oct 26, 2010
Will be in vacationing in Cofresi next week and thinking about going to a baseball game. - Aquilas vs Licey - Nov 5
Never been to Santiago. How long of a drive? How do you get tickets & good seats. How much are tickets?
What do we need to know.
Any and all advice is appreciated
Looking for a dependable driver who could take us there and be our guide. There might be 6 or 7 of us gringos so we will need a van.
We would pay all expenses, gas, ticket food, beer, tip etc.
Thanks

champ

Dec 2, 2006
hi,,where are you staying in cofresi,,,i have a dependable driver that can get you there and back

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
Will be in vacationing in Cofresi next week and thinking about going to a baseball game. - Aquilas vs Licey - Nov 5
Never been to Santiago. How long of a drive? How do you get tickets & good seats. How much are tickets?
What do we need to know.
Any and all advice is appreciated
Looking for a dependable driver who could take us there and be our guide. There might be 6 or 7 of us gringos so we will need a van.
We would pay all expenses, gas, ticket food, beer, tip etc.
Thanks

Send user Bachata a PM, he has a very good relationship with a few Santiago chofers, as a retired chofer. He is well endorsed on this board for his advice on this.

Chelleyyyyy

Apr 7, 2007
Yes! Please post an update... I've been very curious about the baseball stadium in Santiago. It looks like a lot of fun :)
Hope you have a great time!

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
I read somewhere that you can purchase tickets on line now as many as 3 days ahead of time. So far the stadiums are empty!!

HB

Spicedwine

Apr 25, 2006
We went to the game Friday night. Bought a ticket from a "scalper" - $200 RD - field level, first base/right field area. And it was "ladies free" that night ! The stadium seats 18,000 and there were MAYBE 3,000 in attendance - so you could pretty much sit wherever you wanted. As usual, early season games tend to be low scoring - final score was 2-0 for visitors - sadly, Aquilas only managed 3 hits. Ice-cold Presidente is $40 RD ( not Cabarete prices, that's for sure ! ) Lots of fun. Get there early and take in the sights and experience - those 3,00 people made more noise than 50,000 at Jays games in Toronto - and had lots more fun. And my other half didn't find the cheerleaders hard to look at, either.

Status
Not open for further replies.