Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14

Thread: Hipolito 2.0

  1. #1
    Bronze
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Posts
    1,140
    Post Thanks / Like

    Cool Hipolito 2.0

    He wants to be President again. Two requests for comments:

    1) What would happen if he were to win?

    2) How likely is he to win?

  2. #2
    Platinum
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    16,393
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I guess we can assume that this is no longer the "beta" version?

    All the politicians here are corrupt at this level, what are we supposed to do about(citizens anyway)?

  3. #3
    Silver
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Posts
    3,438
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by arturo View Post
    He wants to be President again. Two requests for comments:

    1) What would happen if he were to win?

    2) How likely is he to win?
    1) Who knows but it can't be much worst.

    2) He stands a good chance of winning.

  4. #4
    Platinum
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Posts
    26,549
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
    1) Who knows but it can't be much worst.

    2) He stands a good chance of winning.
    1. Yes it can get much worse.
    2. You are probably right right, there are many Dominicans with poor memories.

  5. #5
    Bronze
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    925
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Are you kidding?, all Dominicans need is a full tank of gas, $$, Rum , and music and he's elected

  6. #6
    Silver
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    4,031
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bob saunders View Post
    1.
    2. You are probably right right, there are many Dominicans with poor memories.
    That is the reason Leonel was re elected in 2004.

    JJ

  7. #7
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Posts
    17,262
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    My perredeista friends say that Hippo is "el candidato del gobierno" i.e. they would prefer him to win as he would be easier for the PLD to defeat. But I don't see why they should be afraid of the other option, who I would say was equally easy to defeat. Where else does a party consider putting up a candidate who has already lost an election?

  8. #8
    Gold
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Posts
    5,686
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chirimoya View Post
    My perredeista friends say that Hippo is "el candidato del gobierno" i.e. they would prefer him to win as he would be easier for the PLD to defeat. But I don't see why they should be afraid of the other option, who I would say was equally easy to defeat. Where else does a party consider putting up a candidate who has already lost an election?
    Well the fear of Peledeistas is that since Leonel may not run again (notice I didn't say will not) they could be defeated as there's really no other true leader within the PLD. Jaime David could have been, but he's been relegated to enviromental minister. Leonel has followed Balaguer's old script to the tee and as such has achieved the cult of personality he's been wanting for a while, so nowadays nobody else can run as a PLD candidate and win. Maybe if he puts his full support behind the candidate elected (i.e. his wife) and all the government's money to buy votes, etc will allow The PLD to win again.

    Hippo will have a very hard time winning anything (even the nomination of his party).

  9. #9
    Silver
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    3,293
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chirimoya View Post
    Where else does a party consider putting up a candidate who has already lost an election?
    The good ol' U S of A...every election...especially the Republicans....

  10. #10
    Bronze
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    536
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by arturo View Post
    He wants to be President again. Two requests for comments:

    1) What would happen if he were to win?

    2) How likely is he to win?

    He would not win. The PLD campaign machine is pushing for Hipolito to run again, they know he would be an easy defeat. It is a shame that the PRD is trying to support Hipolito after what he did to the country in four years.

    In the other side the PLD is trying that Leonel runs again, but according to the constitution, it is illegal, if he does. It is even worst that there is not any other politician from any other party who can debate with Leoner in a cohesive manner who can show to the population what an empty suit Leonel is.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •