Win A New Car At Playero In Sosua

Status
Not open for further replies.

mike l

Silver
Sep 4, 2007
It's that time of year again whereby the Brahama corp is giving away prizes and this year is a new car and second prize is a new pasola / scooter.

This year I bought a stamp as I do not like filling out the info.

They announce the winner the first week in January and call the winner by cell phone and they have to claim the prize.

This is televised and is exercised with all checks and balances in place........ ( I am there watching ).

I don't need or want a car and was thinking what to do if I won.

My next thought was to have tourists who get these raffel tickets and won't be here to claim any prize, they could agree to have 50% of the proceeds go to a charity and the rest would be decided by a vote.

Let's throw this out there and ...

Aug 21, 2007
Mike- I never seem to win anything, but I always thought that if I did win the car, I would sell it and donate to charity. You have a good idea.....

Lindsey

Reactions: mike l

belmont

Bronze
Oct 9, 2009
Not familiar with Playero's contest, but a similar drawing at Jose Luis in POP requires a cedula # on the entry and a matching cedula to claim the prize.

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
Curious!!!

Two years ago Christmas we won a motorcycle at Playero. I had been telling my wife to stop wasting time with the coupons and the lottery like spin machine that held the tickets. She ignored me and kept on. When it happened I thought she was having a fit - could not speak and just kept jumping up and down. We kept if for a while but never really rode it much. Sold it for $1100 US. Cannot say anymore " I never win anything". I am a gringo, wife is Dominican. Its on the up and up!!! Good luck!!!

mike l

Silver
Sep 4, 2007
Two years ago Christmas we won a motorcycle at Playero. I had been telling my wife to stop wasting time with the coupons and the lottery like spin machine that held the tickets. She ignored me and kept on. When it happened I thought she was having a fit - could not speak and just kept jumping up and down. We kept if for a while but never really rode it much. Sold it for $1100 US. Cannot say anymore " I never win anything". I am a gringo, wife is Dominican. Its on the up and up!!! Good luck!!!

I was told those doubting stories as well so last year I went to the drawing in person which was televised and I was interviewed as I was first in line to make sure there was no " Hanky Panky " and a winner was selected and they called him and they then moved to the entrance to video the winner when he arrived.

You need ID and a local phone in the DR to win and claim

I actually spent 30 bux on a stamp as I will have at least 100 tickets by Christmas.

Give me your tickets if you are leaving and we will split the winnings or donate to charity.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Two years ago XMAS an Italian guy I know won the car. He worked in a Pizza place in Sosua.

hughatthepub

Mar 13, 2007
Ha Ha, You WON'T win

You won't win because the check out girls only give foriegners the bare minimum number of tickets, and any way you may well have to remind them to give you any at all. Dominicans get fistfuls every time they go through. Work it out for yourselves. (The supervisors just stand and watch)

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
You won't win because the check out girls only give foriegners the bare minimum number of tickets, and any way you may well have to remind them to give you any at all. Dominicans get fistfuls every time they go through. Work it out for yourselves. (The supervisors just stand and watch)

Unless you are a gringo that gives a Propina to the girl, then you get more tickets than a Dominican.

mike l

Silver
Sep 4, 2007
I receive 1-3 tickets for each case of beer I buy and my stamp contains all of the info they requested.

Just something else to do...

Status
Not open for further replies.