Stove Repair

bienamor

Kansas redneck an proud of it
Apr 23, 2004
Where in Santo Domingo, can I find repair parts for my American Mileniun stove? Need a new oven door seal, plus some other parts.

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
whats going on with the stoves

In four years I bought two stoves. They just fell apart. One exploded but kept on cooking. I know that Dominicans cook everything as hot as the stove will operate. Is that what kills them off. Did my Dominican wife cook the poor things to death? We went the route of replacement parts but soon found out that many of the replacement parts were not up to the same quality as the originals and soon failed. I finally solved the problem by buying one of those big sort of gas hot plate things. We never really used the oven much anyway except to store cooked food.

bienamor

Kansas redneck an proud of it
Apr 23, 2004
Thanks all

Will start with the one in Gazque, as its closest, if not there then the other

thanks all

Bryanell

Bronze
Aug 9, 2005
Will start with the one in Gazque, as its closest, if not there then the other

thanks all

Bienamor,
Let us know how you get on. I need to replace 4 gas burners on my GE stove. (It seems our trabajadora also only knows how to cook on the highest flames and burnt them all out).

I was told that there was a a gas parts place on the left of Independencia, going east just before Clinica Abreu, but I went there to find it gone, apparently some years ago to Villa Consuela, where most of the gas stove repair shops seem to be according to the Yellow Pages.
Bryan