Where can I meet Dominicans in Washington Heights or NYC in general?

what

Oct 29, 2010
Hey everybody,

I've recently moved to New York City, and I've realized that I miss having Dominican friends, and I'd also like to find a good Dominican boyfriend. The area I live in is mostly populated by white, black, and Asian people, but no Dominicans! No Hispanics at all actually. So I'm just wondering where would be good places to meet Dominicans.

I know that Washington Heights is supposed to be mostly Dominicans, but I don't know where I would meet people there. Do I have to go to a church? :paranoid: Is Washington Heights a good area to meet people in the first place? Like is it a good place where I could find a potential boyfriend or would I mostly find players?

Any advice would help.

POPNYChic

Bronze
Jul 27, 2009
go to St Nicholas Ave. you will think you plopped down in a grungier, more metro version of Santo Domingo City LOL they dont even speak english there at many shops. all dominican, all the time lol also pretty much most of the bronx is dominican.

and mija....players, thats what we have the most of! good luck.

Africaida

Gold
Jun 19, 2009
Easy.........

1) wear the tightest pants you can find
2) Push-up bras should be in order
3) If necessary, stuff your behind with a sock or two
4)Take the A, D, 1, or 9 train going uptown.
5) get off anywhere above 145 street (including the Bronx)
6) one you get off, walk confidently moving your hips from side to side, pretending you know where you going.

If you follow these instructions closely, you should have one or more Dominican boyfriend by the end of the day :cheeky:

Note: Hair and make-up should be on point too.xc

Reactions: rice&beans
Apr 3, 2009
Washington Heights

Take the #1 train to 181st Street and you will be in "Dominican World." Get your nails or hair done at any of the dozen or so salons on St. Nicholas and ask the ladies working there what's up.

-BB :bunny:

RacerX

Banned
Nov 22, 2009
1) wear the tightest pants you can find
2) Push-up bras should be in order
3) If necessary, stuff your behind with a sock or two
4)Take the A, D, 1, or 9 train going uptown.
5) get off anywhere above 145 street (including the Bronx)
6) one you get off, walk confidently moving your hips from side to side, pretending you know where you going.

If you follow these instructions closely, you should have one or more Dominican boyfriend by the end of the day :cheeky:

Note: Hair and make-up should be on point too.xc

3. You re going to need more than a sock or two. If anything, you ll look like some nutty babe with a lumpy ass.

Heres a better idea, why dont you say what neighborhood you live in or what train you are by or stop on said train and people can give you ideas where to meet Dominicans over there. I m assuming(ASSUMING), white, black and Asian means you live in Queens somewhere. Woodside, Flushing, Jamaica? Or Canarsie.

Africaida

Gold
Jun 19, 2009
3. You re going to need more than a sock or two. If anything, you ll look like some nutty babe with a lumpy ass..

LMAO :cheeky::cheeky: I knew it wouldn't fly under your radar, lol

Seriously, to the OP, ask your Dominican friends from your previous city to hook you up in NYC, they have to have at least primo or two in the city.

Where do you live? I was also guessing Queens, but then again every neighborhood I can think of in Queens has Latinos.

amparocorp

Bronze
Aug 11, 2002
listen to FM radio 97.9, this is the dominican radio station, they'll keep you up to date on what music concerts, discos, etc. are doing. then all you have to do is show up at the concert.......you'll find lots of boyfriends, whether or not they are any good is iffy. so what if a guy doesn't want to marry you? does that make him a "player", maybe he's just into dating. a hot looking female can have tons of dates/friends, but a good looking guy who dates more than one woman is a "player"......how ridiculous. if you fall in love with a guy who rates a 10, and you are a 4, you are going to be played, this is NYC not kansas........

Hey everybody,

I've recently moved to New York City, and I've realized that I miss having Dominican friends, and I'd also like to find a good Dominican boyfriend. The area I live in is mostly populated by white, black, and Asian people, but no Dominicans! No Hispanics at all actually. So I'm just wondering where would be good places to meet Dominicans.

Are you kidding me?????? You are in NYC and cant find any Dominicans???? They are everywhere just open your eyes, DA Bronx, Manhattan anywhere north of 135 street,queens,Brooklyn and even Staten Island have large Dominican communities. Even the outer suburbs including NJ are full of Dominicans. Now get off the damm computer go outside and open your eyes and you will find Dominicans.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Does that radio station have a website???

There are a bunch of Dominican Social Clubs around 161 and Bway...

Should be a piece of cake to find someone...

HB

Jan 5, 2006
La Mega 97.9 fm New York - El Jukeo - El Vacilon - Polito Vega is the website for the radio station.

The Bronx has now become platanolandia, displacing the Washington Heights/Inwood area. As people already pointed out, there are significant pockets of Dominicans spread throughout the five boros. A lot of the small businesses (grocery stores, barber shops, beauty salons, restaurants) are owned/operated by Dominicans. Get out and explore!

Tom F.

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
If you go up Broadway to Dyckman and take a left. The Dominican owned establishments are generally full of young urban Dominican professionals. Try the Corcho Wine Bar my nephew owns it.