Ship A barrell door to door to DR from Florida

POP Bad Boy

Bronze
Jun 27, 2004
I know this has been addressed in the past, but I can't seem to find it in ALL the threads..........SO, I figured I would put all the "key" words in the title so that the next time someone searches it will be much easier to find the answer.

SO, my question is :

Does anyone have any updated info on shipping a barrell (those blue plastic barrells) of "stuff" (food, clothes, toys, small household stuff) from FLORIDA (preferably Orlando area), "door to door" to the Dominican Republic???

Thanks for any updated info...........

jaguarbob

Bronze
Mar 2, 2004
I know this has been addressed in the past, but I can't seem to find it in ALL the threads..........SO, I figured I would put all the "key" words in the title so that the next time someone searches it will be much easier to find the answer.

SO, my question is :

Does anyone have any updated info on shipping a barrell (those blue plastic barrells) of "stuff" (food, clothes, toys, small household stuff) from FLORIDA (preferably Orlando area), "door to door" to the Dominican Republic???

Thanks for any updated info...........

my neighbor just had one delivered to his door last sunday...large blue barrel...was $100.,plus $25.00 for barrell.total,door to door from Miami.
Do not know about from miami.
bob

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
I think that is backwards.... should be $100 for the barrel and $25 for the freight

From NYC $120/barrel + $35/shipping

WW

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
William, from NY it's $115 to ship a barrel [with Emb. Bella Vista] plus the cost of the barrel [$25-40 depending on where you get it]. Boxes are $75 to ship one, $200 to ship 3.

AE

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
Contact Carmen Cargo Express in Orlando and ask them.

Carmen Cargo Express Inc
631 N Semoran Blvd
Orlando, FL 32807

407-380-2627
We use them to ship boxes door-to-door...
(They pick up in Orlando, but we take ours there from Tampa)

They can advise about the barrels I believe,

D in Tamps

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
My daughter sent me one but the one you got from Don in Tampa is just as good.

Here it is:

Larimar Envios TElf 305-*362-8700 Ellos buscan en todo el estado de la florida.

They pick up and are in Orlando and Miami..

HB

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
What about taxes/duties?

Has never, ever, happened to us in 30+ years. No tax. No duty. Door to door delivery.

Once in a great while the guy delivering it will ask can he look inside the box/barrel for 'contraband' - my spunky mother-in-law tells them no, haha.

AE

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Has never, ever, happened to us in 30+ years. No tax. No duty. Door to door delivery.

Once in a great while the guy delivering it will ask can he look inside the box/barrel for 'contraband' - my spunky mother-in-law tells them no, haha.

AE

AE.... here's a clue...... I posted this on another thread about shipping refrigerators.

They quoted me $225 for used and $325 for a new one.

You tell me why the new one costs more:beard:
Just the Dominican way:cheeky:

WW

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
AE.... here's a clue...... I posted this on another thread about shipping refrigerators.

They quoted me $225 for used and $325 for a new one.

You tell me why the new one costs more:beard:
Just the Dominican way:cheeky:

WW

Maybe to cover some duty they pay?? We shipped a used gas stove there, they even boxed it up for us, delivered to the door, we just paid the shipping fee, nothing else. We need to buy a new refrigerator when we get there, probably another Nedoca, we've had good luck with them. Now you've got me wondering if I should just ship down my Whirlpool side-by-side that is sitting in our basement since we redid our kitchen. Is that $225 for any size????? What company quoted you that?

AE

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Maybe to cover some duty they pay?? We shipped a used gas stove there, they even boxed it up for us, delivered to the door, we just paid the shipping fee, nothing else. We need to buy a new refrigerator when we get there, probably another Nedoca, we've had good luck with them. Now you've got me wondering if I should just ship down my Whirlpool side-by-side that is sitting in our basement since we redid our kitchen. Is that $225 for any size????? What company quoted you that?

AE

My point was that there should be no difference to the shipper whether its new or used.... the extra fee goes somewhere into the abyss.

Yes, just ship existing fridge.... I'll PM the details

WW

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Aaaahhh !! Redemption....

Just doesn't makes sense that a barrel is $25...
People beg me for them when one is delivered

No point arguing here... the other person always wins

Since I discovered the cost... I use boxes

WW

POP Bad Boy

Bronze
Jun 27, 2004
Thanks for the two leads........

.....I'll have someone contact Carmen and Larmar.....and post any updated info we get for anyone interested.....we were also given the name Martinez cargo express at 407-854-4090.....we'll check that too..

We had already contacted two others and one only ships to Jamaica and the other Costa Rica....

POP Bad Boy

Bronze
Jun 27, 2004
For updated info as of 11/2/2010

We were unable to get anyone that spoke English at Larimar and it seemed to be a home phone number or something. We tried 3 times over 2 days.

We were unable to get anything but an answering service at Carmen. Also 3 times in 2 days.

We did decide to use Martinez Cargo at 407-854-4090
They are open 9-6 M-F and 9-3 on Saturday.
THEY WERE EXTREMELY HELPFUL ON THE PHONE.......

THEY HAVE 4 LOCATIONS in the greater Orlando area.
THEY SHIP INTO THE PORT AT PUERTO PLATA.

Prices as of 11/2010: Box/Carton 18"x18"x28" to your Door in DR
North Coast: $60.00
East and South Coast: $70.00

55 Gallon Plastic Drum: $141.50 North Coast
151.50 South Coast

No other charges UNLESS you are putting items in that are not "used" clothes and food. All food must be non perishable and have expiration dates on them. (ie: cereal taken out of the box won't pass)

IF you were to add other items, there will be charges for them and they will try to estimate it prior to shipping. For example, she had said that if you were to send that box full of silverware and dishes etc.....they would probably add an additional $45.00 to cover customs.........

The person they recommended to call in the Orlando area to "buy" a barrell is Alexander at 321-594-9721. We have just left a message for him but have not received a return phone call.

POP Bad Boy

Bronze
Jun 27, 2004
Cost of the Barrel

We were unable to get anyone that spoke English at Larimar and it seemed to be a home phone number or something. We tried 3 times over 2 days.

We were unable to get anything but an answering service at Carmen. Also 3 times in 2 days.

We did decide to use Martinez Cargo at 407-854-4090
They are open 9-6 M-F and 9-3 on Saturday.
THEY WERE EXTREMELY HELPFUL ON THE PHONE.......

THEY HAVE 4 LOCATIONS in the greater Orlando area.
THEY SHIP INTO THE PORT AT PUERTO PLATA.

Prices as of 11/2010: Box/Carton 18"x18"x28" to your Door in DR
North Coast: $60.00
East and South Coast: $70.00

55 Gallon Plastic Drum: $141.50 North Coast
151.50 South Coast

No other charges UNLESS you are putting items in that are not "used" clothes and food. All food must be non perishable and have expiration dates on them. (ie: cereal taken out of the box won't pass)

IF you were to add other items, there will be charges for them and they will try to estimate it prior to shipping. For example, she had said that if you were to send that box full of silverware and dishes etc.....they would probably add an additional $45.00 to cover customs.........

The person they recommended to call in the Orlando area to "buy" a barrell is Alexander at 321-594-9721. We have just left a message for him but have not received a return phone call.

They returned the call regarding the cost of the barrel. It is $40.00 for the blue/white barrel which is approved for export to the DR along with the "approved" lid. They usually will deliver it to you the same day.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
They returned the call regarding the cost of the barrel. It is $40.00 for the blue/white barrel which is approved for export to the DR along with the "approved" lid. They usually will deliver it to you the same day.

Exactly what I paid yesterday for one in NJ.

AE

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
I've used Martinez before and in fact know the owner and his wife. They used to be cheap but now they are expensive but reliable.