Swiss couple killed in Juan Dolio

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
was it ever established where this happened - there would be 26 pages by now if it happened elsewhere

irateskateboards

Oct 4, 2006
Boca Chica, Dominican Republic
it?s getting bad.almost every night they been robbing motos by gun point.my best friend had a gun to his head and his moto stolen on caracol about 2 blocks up from la bomba next to the baseball field 2 days ago at about midnight.
they said last night 2 guys got a ride from a motoconcho on duarte and robbed his moto on the autopista.
another on the way to san andres from boca chica.they caught thoses men.
be careful out there fellas.

Apr 3, 2009
Thanks

it?s getting bad.almost every night they been robbing motos by gun point.my best friend had a gun to his head and his moto stolen on caracol about 2 blocks up from la bomba next to the baseball field 2 days ago at about midnight.
they said last night 2 guys got a ride from a motoconcho on duarte and robbed his moto on the autopista.
another on the way to san andres from boca chica.they caught thoses men.
be careful out there fellas.
I appreciate the update. For the past year, I have been very concerned about the crime in Boca Chica and Juan Dolio.

-BB :bunny:

Jun 18, 2007
www.rentalmetrocountry.com
Can you recommend any good forums or travel/ex-pat websites for Panama?

BTW, how are the women there?

-BB :bunny:

One of the very few things that the DR has better than Panama are the forums but here are some:
Panama - Move to Panama, Live in Panama, Map of Panama
Panama Forum
The following is a page on Facebook which has a lot of videos etc about Panama:Bocas Bay Resort | Facebook
The women are great, hot and EDUCATED!!!!!
Furthermore they don't ask you for money, they give!!!!!! It's so refreshing!!

Apr 3, 2009

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006
you need to pm me for info on costa rica, nicaragua and honduras. and of course panama.
i travel to the DR only once a year now.

baby bori

May 18, 2010
Juan Dolio, Boca Chica I recommend for foreigners to stay away from those areas!!!! The abundandcy of hoodlums and thugs perpetuates criminal activity its also loaded with many Haitians with a good number being illegal !!!!! I'm not going there anytime soon nor are my relatives nor friends!!! Santo Domingo East Zona Oriental is a bit dangerous and not recommended for foreigners and disclocated ex-pats!!!!

baby bori

May 18, 2010
Its situations like this that I believe will eventually start eroding tourism in the DR once people get more familiar with Costa Rica, Ecuador, and other latin american countries don't forget the sleeping giant CUBA once the embargo is lifted watch out there will be resorts all over the place with potentially cheaper initial operating expenses and huge vast potential for profit!!!! Tourism to Cuba once universally accepted and welcome to all will smash and lead to the demise of DR tourism except for the obvious Dominican ex-pats coming back!!!!!