Tomas

vahauger

Oct 8, 2010
I know that this thread probably should be listed in the Weather section, but I figured to get more exposure here. I am supposed to arrive in Santo Domingo on tuesday evening on my way to Cabarete. I am wondering if I want to deal with Tomas or put off my vacation to a later date. What do you guys think?

Reactions: Lucille
Aug 21, 2007
Definitely postpone or cancel your trip. Tsunamis are on the horizon and mosquitoes and cholera are claiming tourists by the dozen. A Swiss couple was just murdered -- read all about it on DR1 -- and potholes as well as pollution can claim your life faster than the riptides. Parasites are prevalent and tapeworms thrive on toothbrushes. Singing in the shower ensures hookworms and that swollen belly, well, isn't from mucho Presidentes. The local women who fawn over you are plotting your demise, once they pillage and plunder your assets. And remember not to drink in bars -- they are laced with drugs. If you are not comatose within the hour, they will shadow your stumbling trek back home.

Look on the bright side. Carnival Cruise lines are 50% off.

Shame on you, AquaTurquesa. Preying on innocent tourists.

Lindsey

Aug 21, 2007
Preying on innocent tourists? Good Lord, it appears you Brits have lost your sense of HUMOR. Did Blair hypnotize and take advantage of you? Whatever happened to Monty Python and John Cleese?

Look up the word FACETIOUS.

This potential tourist has been whining for months on DR1. Guess it was the final straw for me. And everything I mentioned is addressed on this site in detail. Those who are fearful of visiting should stick with Disneyland's Carnival Cruises. After all, we are not here to recruit. Just to opine.

Ciao.

Sorry. Not a brit.

Lindsey

vahauger

Oct 8, 2010
Hey Aqua, You don't have to be an ass about it! All I asked was a simple question. Not all of us have been through hurricanes like you have!

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
I would not take a Cruise on any Ship Through the Caribbean Sea thsi Weak.
K,
for the extra Adventure and to be truthful,
YES!, I would even pay extra to be allowed on Board, lol.
Vahauger,
if Your Airline decides the circumstances are fine to land at Las Americas in St Dgo you will not faceany extra adventures to travel up to the North, at least not due Tomas. most likely you will not get sunburned this coming Tuesday anywhere around the SW of the Isle, but even that can not been told for granted.
Life is Life,
If St Dgo would be in a danger state upon your Arrival be assured that the RSF Pilots will deroute and not set You down on dangered Soil.
Bryan,
hey Buddy,
that's exactly why some are Perfect and others are Brits, he he
cheers
Mike

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
if you are only coming for a week...

and if you are not going to lose much money by postponing

then i would do that

there is NOTHING to do in the beach towns when it rains

and it will probably rain for a few days

DMV123

Bronze
Mar 31, 2010
With all due respect, the poster says they are coming to Cabarete. When it rains there is LOTS to do on the north coast!

And what effects the south coast often has little effect on the north and vice versa!

Who knows what this storm MIGHT bring to us.

Africaida

Gold
Jun 19, 2009
I know that this thread probably should be listed in the Weather section, but I figured to get more exposure here. I am supposed to arrive in Santo Domingo on tuesday evening on my way to Cabarete. I am wondering if I want to deal with Tomas or put off my vacation to a later date. What do you guys think?

You will be in the DR for 4 months ! Relax :bunny:

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
With all due respect, the poster says they are coming to Cabarete. When it rains there is LOTS to do on the north coast!

And what effects the south coast often has little effect on the north and vice versa!

Who knows what this storm MIGHT bring to us.

Actually I was speaking of the North Coast.. I lived in Las Terrenas for almost two years and there was NOTHING to do when it rained...

No movies, no malls, no museums, and most of the restaurants and cafes were out doors.

So what do you do in Caberete when it rains?

DMV123

Bronze
Mar 31, 2010
There are great places to hang out, clubs, restaurants, beachfront where you can sit and be dry but people watch! Go to POP to the movies, shopping etc.

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
Africaida,
is he really coming for 4 months???
heck,
what's the fuss about some rainy days at the beginning when visiting for 4 months during our wet/cloudy/windy/Surfer's Paradise rough wintertime anyways?
during those 4 months you may very likely experience one or two vaguadas, now that's what I call Rain, even without any wind, but much more Rain than any Hurricane ever poured down over the Isle, and doing that simply as the usual Winterweather, lol.
Mike

dr_dreamin

Jan 20, 2010
This potential tourist has been whining for months on DR1. Guess it was the final straw for me.

I was curious, so I scanned vahauger's previous posts. Can you give me one example of his "whining" that you used to justify your response? I didn't see anything but questions regarding his impending visit, which I thought was one of the uses of DR1 forums. If you are so fed up with those who are less conversant than yourself on current issues in the D.R., then perhaps you could focus on other threads.

woofsback

Bronze
Dec 20, 2009
if he's gonna be in the dr. for 4 months
and he's worried b4 he gets here with all the info from dr.1 available
then i'm sure it will be eventful

if you're that scared then pick another spot
never go where you are not somewhat comfortable
or it will end up being pure hell...

good luck on your choice

we can expect some interesting stories for the next while

Africaida

Gold
Jun 19, 2009
Africaida,
is he really coming for 4 months???

Based on his questions for rentals in LT.

if he's gonna be in the dr. for 4 months
and he's worried b4 he gets here with all the info from dr.1 available
then i'm sure it will be eventful

if you're that scared then pick another spot
never go where you are not somewhat comfortable
or it will end up being pure hell...

good luck on your choice

we can expect some interesting stories for the next while

Agree !

philosopher

Jul 7, 2010
Juts wondering if anyone thinks that the trajectory of the storm will stop an afternoon flight from landing Thursday.