Help to locate someone

Status
Not open for further replies.

free2bme

Apr 1, 2009
My boyfriend Manuel called to tell me he was in jail on 10/21 and had been there for 24 hours already. He had been involved in an accident and turned himself in at the La Romana jail because the family was afraid he would not continue to pay for the doctor bills. His family and friend paid part of his fine and were trying to get him out but they were saying he was going to be sent to another jail an hour away later that afternoon (in El Seibo?? not sure). Unfortunately, I had to return to the states on 10/24 and have not heard from him or his friend since he called on 10/21. Any ideas how I can find out where he is or what happened?

Anastacio

Banned
Feb 22, 2010
Tell more, he turned himself in, why?
If he is in jail he will be held for 72 hours before transported to a prison in the hope the fine can be paid, has he injured someone in an accident? This is the republic though and I'm only speaking from cases I k ow of, obviously anything can happen.
If he wasnt arrested at the scene I have doubts why he would have turned himself in now, odd!

free2bme

Apr 1, 2009
I have not been able to reach his brother or friend by phone. A 3-year-old boy ran out in front of the car and his leg was broken. Not sure why he turned himself in either, I guess the family was worried that he would not continue to pay for the injuries. He was very worried and spent 2 1/2 days with the family at the clinic and then two days later he turned himself in because they were looking for him. We were staying a resort in the area and when I asked if I could visit him in jail, he said no because once the police saw the wrist band from the resort they would try to get more money.

La Mariposa

Bronze
Jun 4, 2004
I have not been able to reach his brother or friend by phone. A 3-year-old boy ran out in front of the car and his leg was broken. Not sure why he turned himself in either, I guess the family was worried that he would not continue to pay for the injuries. He was very worried and spent 2 1/2 days with the family at the clinic and then two days later he turned himself in because they were looking for him. We were staying a resort in the area and when I asked if I could visit him in jail, he said no because once the police saw the wrist band from the resort they would try to get more money.

You could have taken off the wrist band though. Do you really think he is in jail ?????????

Anastacio

Banned
Feb 22, 2010
You confuse me with your wording, CONTINUE to pay the family?
If he was with the family in the hospital fir two and half days then I ask why, because the child would be set, cast and home quicker than a quick fit fitter! So the family were at hospital while the child was at home, nice.
I take it it was a public hospital? We use them and they are quick turn around and free, for the most part, private? then I doubt he would need help with his fine payment, simple logic.
If the family is worried about him paying then obviously he is talking sh1t, not enough time fir all this to have happened.
He has said he is being moved to another jail so if you do try to track him he can tell you you looked at the wrong jail.
Logic and comon sense, if you have it, use it, if you don't then your screwed either way, have fun.
And yes he is fine having his BBC devoured by the next idiot to cross his path.

free2bme

Apr 1, 2009
It was private clinic not a public hospital. The child developed a fever so was still at the clinic. Thanks for all your comments, but you do not know him and so therefore cannot judge him. I have known him for almost three years and he is a good man, just caught up in a bad situation.

sangria

Bronze
May 16, 2006
The exact same story happened to someone I know.

It is a scam.

They were together for more than 3 years when it happened as well.

free2bme

Apr 1, 2009
The exact same story happened to someone I know.

It is a scam.

They were together for more than 3 years when it happened as well.

Not exactly what I wanted to hear. Guess I am too trusting and look for the good in others. Hopefully you are wrong. Time will tell.

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
Most likely he had no license and definitely no insurance. this is the way these chopos live here. When they fall into a grave problem like this, all they say "ah bueno....". or "no es mi culpa, no fui yo....".
Its always the same crap.
AZB

free2bme

Apr 1, 2009
He does have a license because he got a ticket on the 18th for running a red light, which I have. The car was rented.

free2bme

Apr 1, 2009
Manuel has called and is doing well. He was sent to El Seibo for the weekend but is now out of jail. Yahoo!!

La Rubia

Bronze
Jan 1, 2010
Listen to yourself--be wary

Manuel has called and is doing well. He was sent to El Seibo for the weekend but is now out of jail. Yahoo!!

I wanted to warn you, as others are doing, but you already knew of this possibility in 2009.
from the previous post "I am hoping this is not the case as I have been corresponding with my friend for over a year and he truly did have bad luck, and hopefully can get out of jail and move forward. If I have used, time will tell, but I will be wary. Thanks for the advice."
Some people cause their "bad luck".

twillis

Jun 22, 2009
I'm sorry ... but use your brain. Do you hear yourself? Read your posts and pretend this is a friend of yours, what would you tell her? I don't blame sankies for doing what they do. Its too easy with some women.

La Rubia

Bronze
Jan 1, 2010
how many people do you know that have bee in jail ? there could be a pattern developing

I was actually, (oops did I admit that in open forum), but actually it was a mistake!! (rose to the level of internal investigation).
However, the key is pattern. If it happened once, but again, and again??

la_barbie

Bronze
May 6, 2004

In otherwords... he just came back from a weekend trip with his wife at the resort which was probably funded by yours truly (the OP) :tired:

Status
Not open for further replies.