Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I'm Convinced That Haiti Truly Is Cursed!

Poll's Forum Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Default I'm Convinced That Haiti Truly Is Cursed!

First, the worst economic and social collapse ever known in the Americas and only a handful of countries worldwide.

Second, the strongest earthquake in centuries to hit the island and the worst urban disaster in the history of humanity.

Third, of all epidemics that could had arisen, it had to be cholera, a disease that kills its victims within hours of being infected.

And now this:

I don't think this has ever happened, a hurricane missing the DR and then turning north to make a beeline straight for Haiti with winds of at least 115 mph.

I don't know what the Haitians have done to get this, but this is certainly not their year!!!!

Cursed is the only thing that comes into my mind to explain this.

Unbelievable!

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Someone must have hung the chicken bones in the wrong order.

The Hun

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

It's a sad situation and I feel bad about the Hatians and their fight to survive.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Truly sad and potentially tragic indeed darn!!!!!

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

It has nothing to do with anything Haitians have or have not done. It is simply that they have unfortunately had to experience MANY difficult circumstances, sometimes thats just the way things go, its lamentable but c'est la vie. Some people have even gone so far to imply that because Haiti has been related to voodoo practices etc. that they have been (or are being) punished by God. That is simply illogical and unreasonable. With even the slightest knowledge of the Bible one can deduce that God does not simply 'go after' people to punish them in such a way. As indicated in the Bible in the example of Sodom and Gomorrah, there righteous are NEVER, grouped together with the unrighteous. Furthermore, not everyone in Haiti is a voodoo practicing witch or witchdoctor. That is ludicrous to suggest such a notion, furthermore many of them have Christian based faiths. Ask an extremist Muslim about 9/11 and they will probably say that THEIR God was 'punishing' the United States. But ask an American, and naturally they will tell you that is was a terrorist attack that killed many innocent Men, Women and Children. My point is, people sometimes try to relate everything that happens to some act of God, when in reality at least the majority of the time it is just the unfortunate result of mankind being stupid, cruel, ignorant and destructive regardless of how it affects the next person. I know that this is not what NALS is saying or implying. I believe what he stated is just to emphasis all the horrible things going on in Haiti right now, and I agree it is unbelievable. But definitely not some 'curse' or 'punishment'. If that were the case we would also have to question why ANY hurricane or natural disaster occurs.

Post Thanks / Like

Don't forget - when it's bad, it's "nature", when it's good, it's "God".

I get NALs' point. It is so difficult to accept that one small country, with so much going for it and so many good people who have suffered so much, should get kicked and crushed again and again, just when it was getting back onto its feet.

Post Thanks / Like

When I saw that map last night, I just sighed...What else can you do>? IF that storm takes that turn, I truly ache for thepeople of Haiti..

Lord protect them..

HB

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Hello,
    Haiti is cursed by its government, by corruption, by greed, certainly not by God. It is not their year and my heart goes to them.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

the haitian govt is totally corrupt and incompetent. what are they doing about the child slavery , the stranger rapes at these tent cities, persistent incestual relationships . absolutely nothing

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

you really need a complete overhaul of the culture

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast