place to stay in POP for a few days

Status
Not open for further replies.

angel

Feb 22, 2003
Can any offer suggestions on safe/ clean/ decent area hotels in Puerto Plata? website or phone number wd be greatly appreciated.

Some time ago I stayed on the malecon at a place called Puerto Plata Beach, it was decent....is it still around and does anyone have the ph# ? or suggest anything else close by ?

Coming down for 2 days and tired of the AI scene.

angel

Feb 22, 2003
thanks fritobandito. I wd love to spend time in Samana someday and will keep your link suggestion handy , but for now going to visit family in Mao for a few days and my only flight option is Samana. Never been and wanted to get info before I arrive.

FritoBandito

Bronze
Dec 19, 2009
thanks fritobandito. I wd love to spend time in Samana someday and will keep your link suggestion handy , but for now going to visit family in Mao for a few days and my only flight option is Samana. Never been and wanted to get info before I arrive.

I took a public bus back from Samana City to Sosua on my last trip there.

The bus wasn't all that bad and it was real cheap -- 500 pesos from Samana City to Sosua. The bus route will go from Samana City to Puerto Plata.

It will pick people up on the main road (which runs right past the airport) all you have to do is flag them down. Bus shouldn't be that crowded if you catch it at the airport, because its first stop is in Samana City.

I remember the bus left about 1:45 p.m. on a Saturday from S.C., so it would probably pass the airport around 2:15 -- 2:30 p.m. or so.

I think the bus runs everyday.

FritoBandito

Bronze
Dec 19, 2009
"Transporte Papagayo", a maroon colour bus (picture) with PUERTO PLATA - SAMANA writen on the windshield, leave Puerto Plata at 6:45 a.m. from the front of the Hospital in Puerto Plata. This bus pass by Sosua around 7:00a.m.(Will stop on request to pick up passangers in front of Playero Supermarket), continue to Nagua and arrive in Sanchez around 9:30a.m.-10:00a.m. Sanchez is the stop for Las Terrenas. This route ends in Samana at 10:30a.m. and depart back to Puerto Plata at 2:00.p.m. To contact owner cell:(809) 749-6415(Spanish only) for his schedule.

If bus leaves at 2:00 p.m., then it will be at 30 minutes before it passes the airport, so 2:30 p.m. or so.

Status
Not open for further replies.