How on earth? Republic related!

Anastacio

Banned
Feb 22, 2010
Saw a right hand drive Bentley in Santo Domingo this morning. How on earth did that find it's way here. Further more, a baseball cap wearing young dude was driving it. Now, I wouldn't know the best baseball player in the Republic, or the highest earner, but my understanding is that it is not well enough paid to buy that kind of vehicle, import, and obviously illegal ( that us if I am correct in knowing the law was brought in last year 2008-2009 that all right hand cars must be converted to lefties.
Not saying the guy even was a baseball player but I see no other way a young dude would be driving through the barrio, at that time (late night very early morning) confidently enough to stop off for a beer in the colmado.
Drugs? I don't believe they demand that much respect on the street, or that the thuggish end makes that kind of cash.
That's my 'HOW ON EARTH'.

Bronxboy

Jul 11, 2007
Saw a right hand drive Bentley in Santo Domingo this morning. How on earth did that find it's way here. Further more, a baseball cap wearing young dude was driving it. Now, I wouldn't know the best baseball player in the Republic, or the highest earner, but my understanding is that it is not well enough paid to buy that kind of vehicle, import, and obviously illegal ( that us if I am correct in knowing the law was brought in last year 2008-2009 that all right hand cars must be converted to lefties.
Not saying the guy even was a baseball player but I see no other way a young dude would be driving through the barrio, at that time (late night very early morning) confidently enough to stop off for a beer in the colmado.
Drugs? I don't believe they demand that much respect on the street, or that the thuggish end makes that kind of cash.
That's my 'HOW ON EARTH'.

Hey, you never know. Everyone can speculate but maybe the kid has rich parents and not necessarily drugs or illegal activities are involved.

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
One of the diputados has a Bentley, maybe it was his son?
I saw Bentley in Santo Domingo several years ago. Didn't notice whether it was a right-hand drive. At the time (~2004?) I thought it could have been the one confiscated from a low/mid ranking police or army officer who was killed in a mafia-style execution and who turned out to have owned a fleet of luxury cars.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
We have Bentley's, Rolls Royce's etc here.
Have seen a couple of RR's Phantoms and I know I guy that imported one to replace his Bentley, you are looking at US$400k+

I'm pretty sure the Bentley dealership would not sell one to a baseball player.
Jaguar once made the mistake of selling to a Merengero, sales dropped once word got out.

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
Most baseball cap wearing chopos who drive extremely expensive cars (example: cayanne, bently, or even phantom etc) are drug dealers. period!!! This is not even open to discussion. If you disagree, you don 't live here.
AZB

Anastacio

Banned
Feb 22, 2010
And it just so happens I have another, just found out this morning. Just been chatting to a neighbour and found out they were robbed last night, while they knew nothing of it. He claims they must have gassed them or something as he is a light sleeper. I know when I used to caravan around Europe I would hear stories of western European gangs hitting camp sites, pumping a gas of some sort into the van through the side vents, knocks them out, get robbed, a bit like the date rape drug they use these days but gas form. I don't know if this guy is saving face or has this gassing technique hit here already, or even been around a while, I've never heard of that here.

May 12, 2005
Just perhaps the guy with the ball cap was an employee of the owner or a dealership and was taking it to get washed or serviced.

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
I know a drug dealer in santiago who owns multiple businesses and he also happen to own a very top line rolls Royce. the name of the car starts with P.
AZB

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
if I say yes, then some people would figure out which guy I am talking about.
So lets leave it to your imagination.
AZB