Updating an Orange pre-paid balance from Canada ???

la_barbie

Bronze
May 6, 2004
... So I left the DR this weekend with my Orange cell in my purse, which I have never done I just leave it there cause I dont use that phone here in Canada.

Mr. Barbie went to Orange this afternoon to see if he can update my account there without having the phone physically there... in the meantime...

Does anyone know if my balance isnt updated by the card expiry date do you lose your number ? I'll be back in DR after New Years but I THINK the cards current balance expires beginning of December.

Anyway I can update it from Canada ?

I went on the Orange website and it's asking me to login but I dont have a password and do not see where to register ?

drloca

Silver
Oct 26, 2004
Are you talking about recharging the phone? If so, the person doesnt physically need to have the phone with them.

la_barbie

Bronze
May 6, 2004
I mean adding more credit to it (another phone card) before the expiry so I don't lose the phone number... any ideas ?

Africaida

Gold
Jun 19, 2009
First time I went to the DR, I had a bought an orange phone, I was surprised to find that when I went back, 5 months later, that it was still working with the same phone number.
I just had to add more credit to it upon my return, but the number stayed the same.

E

engineerfg

Tell Mr.Barbie to walk to an orange kiosk, tell them the phone number and give them 100 pesos. the handset doesn't need to be there to facilitate this transaction. they top you up 'over the air' (OTA).

drloca

Silver
Oct 26, 2004
Tell Mr.Barbie to walk to an orange kiosk, tell them the phone number and give them 100 pesos. the handset doesn't need to be there to facilitate this transaction. they top you up 'over the air' (OTA).

Thats what I meant...I said recharging as I was thinking about it in Espanol.;) Can be done at some farmacias too and at the farmacia in La Sirena in POP.

la_barbie

Bronze
May 6, 2004
Thats what I meant...I said recharging as I was thinking about it in Espanol.;) Can be done at some farmacias too and at the farmacia in La Sirena in POP.

I love La Sirena... so much that Mr. Barbie won't stop there anymore he drives as fast as he can past it hahaha...