nice resort on low budget!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

salcedo2010

Aug 11, 2010
Hey,

I'm planning to go to Puerto Plata in the Dominican Republic in January 2011 with my g/f. I'm trying to look for the best resort on a low budget....can someone please tell me of a good resort in puerto plata which wont cost me "an arm in a leg"

Conchman

Silver
Jul 3, 2002
www.oceanworld.net
It would be good if you tell us where you are coming from, because there might be tour operators that have good prices for all inclusive flight/hotel packages (e.g. fom cities in Canada, England,).

You might want to visit a travel agent or do some searches in the net.

Puerto Plata also has some non all inclusive low budget hotels but are you ready to take care of all of your meals and transportation inbetween?

Shiraz72

Bronze
Feb 10, 2010
I used hotwire.com and flew from my city in Canada to Newark NJ.... and then onto POP. They had good deals for the hotels in the Playa Dorada complex. I've stayed at Victoria and Gran Ventana because I got a good deal and it was great. Celluisma and Whyndam are usually offered a good deals from what I've seen. I went on tripadviser.com to read reports of other travellers before booking. Blue Bay and Barcello are supposed to be nice too from what I've heard others reporting but Barcello may be too noisy because it's located right next to Coco Bongo Night Club... Blue Bay is right on the beach and it's an adults only place...

bellakins

May 31, 2008
cheapcaribbean.com

I've had good luck booking with this company. You can find out about hotel
availability on their website. Then make a decision about whether you want
to make your own separate flight arrangements or have the hotel and flight
costs together. Or call a representative at 1-800-915-2322.

I enjoyed my stay at Blue Bay in February. Nice, small resort. Good food.

Mason3000

Aug 2, 2008
Paraiso Tropical in Cabarette might fit the bill. It's a smaller resort, on a rough, surfing beach but it's only a few minutes outside of town, the food's pretty decent for an All Inclusive & the pool, staff, show, etc all very nice. Should be about $55 a night.

Luperon Ron

Nov 15, 2010
Luperon Beach Resort aka Hotassa Luperon. Quite inexpensive, and quite beautiful. A choice of mostly Europeans, Canadiens, and locals from Santiago on the weekends. A twisty one hour drive west of PP.

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com

MrTee12

Apr 4, 2010
Hey,

I'm planning to go to Puerto Plata in the Dominican Republic in January 2011 with my g/f. I'm trying to look for the best resort on a low budget....can someone please tell me of a good resort in puerto plata which wont cost me "an arm in a leg"

Try cheapcaribbean.com

Cheap Caribbean | Packages for Destination

I've used it 4 times in the past. Great deals on All-Inclusive resorts.

I would recommend Hacienda Lifestyles.

Its the Holiday Season so prices will be higher than usual.

Status
Not open for further replies.