Dominicans in Puerto Rico

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prican

Nov 2, 2010
Saludo a mi gente.. cuando yo digo mi gente im including Dominicans too even though im Rican... because the fact is whether Boricuas or Dominicans dont like it, we are from the same blood, we are the same family.. we are the same people.

Anyways i wanted to talk about the 70,000 to 80,000 Dominicans in Puerto Rico right now.. Many of whom are respect citizens on the island.. Dominicans are the biggest immigrants in PR (but they are really not immigrants, PR is also your home.. its like your Aunts or Uncles house).. I was there on the island and i loved the fact that once the dominicans got to PR they mixed well with the people.. Dominicans are also our brothers and couzins in realtiy..

Im not in favor for Puerto Rican immigration.. because it ruins our cutrual identity.. But Dominicans coming here is another story.. because when Dominicans come here not only is it good for Island's Economy, but we also don't lose our Roots because we share the same roots, culture, blood, and history.

PUERTO RICAN INDEPENDENCE!!

Last edited:
Reactions: woofsback

Berzin

Banned
Nov 17, 2004
Siphoned off, eh?

Anyone reading this comment would assume incorrectly that the complicated issue of Puerto Rican independence is nothing but a referendum on the amount of financial lagresse Uncle Sam so magnanimously bestows on the island.

But nothing could be further from the truth. The instances when Puerto Ricans have fought to attain their independence they have been put down due to the economic interests of colonial powers much stronger than the resistance native islanders could muster on their own.

I don't take offense at the subject matter, but it frustrates me to no end when comments are made without the proper historical and socio-economic perspectives partly due to a severe lack of knowledge on the subject.

POPNYChic

Bronze
Jul 27, 2009
i am not the most knowledgable on PR's issues but ive always found it really admirable that so many continue to push for independence. i respect that fervor.

Prican

Nov 2, 2010
I would sacrifice not seeing my family in PR, and to never see the Island again.. i also would live in Proverty for the rest of my life if it ment that our Homeland would be truely free and independent.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
I don't hate U.S.

Its our ISLAND, or homeland, our people our culture.. America has no right imperalising us and taking our homeland!!

In the Chat Room you said you're originally from Chicago and now live in Minneapolis. Why don't you live on "your" island?

AE

Big Dan

Feb 14, 2009
The American imperialization of Puerto Rico happened generations before any of us were born. None of us had any say as to who took what when the Spanish lost the island to the Americans. As an American who lived in Puerto Rico in the 1980s, and has visited many times since, I can only compliment the will and perseverance the island's people, who are moving into the first world.

Now, if Puerto Rico wants independence I'm all for it, but if memory serves, your opinion is not in the plurality. This argument splits three ways... Puerto Rico becoming independent, Puerto Rico maintaining the status quo, and Puerto Rico becoming the 51st state in the union.

The independence movement, which was fairly strong when I lived on the island, had voting bloc percentages in the teens when elections came around. I doubt that sentiment has changed....the plurality of Puerto Rican citizens are pro-American

Reactions: AlterEgo

all is lost

Nov 18, 2006
Porto Rico libre,ssdd

The American imperialization of Puerto Rico happened generations before any of us were born. None of us had any say as to who took what when the Spanish lost the island to the Americans. As an American who lived in Puerto Rico in the 1980s, and has visited many times since, I can only compliment the will and perseverance the island's people, who are moving into the first world.

Now, if Puerto Rico wants independence I'm all for it, but if memory serves, your opinion is not in the plurality. This argument splits three ways... Puerto Rico becoming independent, Puerto Rico maintaining the status quo, and Puerto Rico becoming the 51st state in the union.

The independence movement, which was fairly strong when I lived on the island, had voting bloc percentages in the teens when elections came around. I doubt that sentiment has changed....the plurality of Puerto Rican citizens are pro-American

In one breath you talk about American imperialist while others talk about your taino heritage. If was the Spanards who were the imperialist, sence throwing off the yoke of the monarchy you should imbrase your culture and speak Taino, not the laguage of the MASTERS. You are not Latin because you speak a form of Spanish.
As far as freedom, statehood or statis quo, IT SHOULD BE PUT TO THE AMERICAN PEOPLE, frist if we want your island and all the social programs it would require to support it. You want to go back to San Jaun, why don't you shut up and get gone. You should have got independace before Tony Killed Maria's brother, back in the 50s.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Since this thread has veered way off 'Dominicans in Puerto Rico' I see no reason to keep it open.

AE

Status
Not open for further replies.