Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: They might not be cursed but they sure are stupid!

Post Thanks / Like

Default They might not be cursed but they sure are stupid!

Information will be in tomorrow's papers. In Dajabon, they had announced the renewal of shipments of needed products, foodstuffs and construction materials, by truck into Haiti.

Well the Haitians, unhappy that there is no bi-national market, decided to block the passage of the trucks and even attacked a load of live chickens and burned them. They belonged to Haitians!!....

They seem to have no patience, no understanding, no comprehension, except what they want, when they want it. It is highly frustrating. Sometimes the phrase "Well ***k them and the burros they came in on!" comes to mind.

Like what I was told nearly 50 years ago: Drop one in from Cape Canaveral (before it was Kennedy) and say "Ooops, sorry"....and then start it all over again...

This stupidity has no explanation.

HB

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes it has an explanation. Haitians are very poor!!! Poor=ignorant

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by frank recktenwald View Post
    Yes it has an explanation. Haitians are very poor!!! Poor=ignorant
    The two don't always go together.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bob saunders View Post
    The two don't always go together.
    Not always but most of the time yes

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Don't make just big swooping statements like that as if to imply that EVERY single Haitian voted to do that, because that is not the case. Furthermore, its not just that they are "ignorant", you are talking about a people who are on the brink of self-destruction. So you can't expect them to just act perfectly rational. Yes it IS frustrating, but Haitians are not more 'stupid' than any other group of people. I've seen Dominicans get upset and block the roads with burning tires and what not. Stupid? Maybe, maybe not, the point is when you are at the point of stress, desperation and anger, you do things that are not that civil minded.

6. Likes N/A liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I admit that I am very unhappy about what happened. I don't really mind that they blocked the trucks, I can understand that.

What I don't understand is how they could set fire to food that was purchased by their own countryment for consumption in Haiti!!! That just seems barbaric to me. I am sorry.

They had a place to hold the market, but it was not the normal site so they rejected it, and said no market.

THis kind of ignorance is really dangerous...it is the mob mentality, mindless destruction with no positive outcome.

Perhaps they just do not know the importance of isolating and defeating the cholera outbreak (which I am the first to admit was not at all their fault!!!).

I guess the mindlessness? of all this is just too baffling for me...sorry, frustrations have set in and I don't seem to see any light at the end of the tunnel that is not a train coming our way.

If that Storm called Tomas dumps anything like the rains that are being predicted, the country will be inundated with mudslides and flooding and landslides...and cholera will be much more widespread. OMG!

HB

This from a Mike Fisher post:
    they have only 1 Chance:
    Tomas passes the Channel between kamaica and SW Haiti heading NNE passing then the channel between SE Cuba and NW Haiti.
    that would kill just a few thousands.
    every Track somewhere 50-70 miles east of that projected tracking, full and easy within the Cones of possible Tracks, will print 5 Figures Numbers on the List, If there's anybody left able to take a count.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bernard Jean-Pierre View Post
    Don't make just big swooping statements like that as if to imply that EVERY single Haitian voted to do that, because that is not the case. Furthermore, its not just that they are "ignorant", you are talking about a people who are on the brink of self-destruction. So you can't expect them to just act perfectly rational. Yes it IS frustrating, but Haitians are not more 'stupid' than any other group of people. I've seen Dominicans get upset and block the roads with burning tires and what not. Stupid? Maybe, maybe not, the point is when you are at the point of stress, desperation and anger, you do things that are not that civil minded.
    Well said , Jean Pierre... Please send some coquille saint jacques to DR and all is good

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Look, it's real simple to me.

From the evidence that I've read, seen and experienced, Haitians in a group easily fall prey to behaviour that would not seem normal to the rest of the world. Call it what you like, they are a different breed.

Just to give an example, I once gave a ride to a few Haitian people (men and wimmen) and dropped them off at their batey... before I knew it there were a group of people demanding that I bring them this there and everywhere,... when I declined they started shaking the car, like they wanted to lynch me...

Not wanting a damaged car, I honked my horn, put my foot on the gas and left..

To me this is irrational behaviour at best.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

The surest way to get DR chickens into Haiti is to make importing them illegal publically and then do little to enforce it. This will create an artificial high price in Haiti and the chickens and eggs will be "smuggled" across the so-called "border." The border guards would get bribes, the importers would make more money, and chickens would be available to those willing to pay more. Raising the price would also encourage people to raise their own chickens on the Haitian side of the border.

I'm being flippant, but it would not surprise me if such a tactic worked.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Ive always said that Haiti was predestine to fail. All their actions, is forcefully driving them in that direction.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast