Schools

all is lost

Nov 18, 2006
The schools closed today early and will remain closed until after the huricane on Saterday. No wounder the education sys. is so bad here.

My friend went to pick up his 6 yr old daughter from school at the usuall time yesterday and she was not there, the teachers were however, having a conferance. " Why did you let a 6 yr old out early by herself, don't you have any responsibilty here." he asked. One teacher replied, " If you don't like it gringo, take your kid to another school". It's the only school in town. I quess want pi--ed her off was the word RESPONSIBILTY no takes personal responsiability anymore.

Nov 25, 2008
this is what happens when you hire mediocre teachers; but then again for the pay [if they ever get paid] this is what you get

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
The schools closed today early and will remain closed until after the huricane on Saterday. No wounder the education sys. is so bad here.

My friend went to pick up his 6 yr old daughter from school at the usuall time yesterday and she was not there, the teachers were however, having a conferance. " Why did you let a 6 yr old out early by herself, don't you have any responsibilty here." he asked. One teacher replied, " If you don't like it gringo, take your kid to another school". It's the only school in town. I quess want pi--ed her off was the word RESPONSIBILTY no takes personal responsiability anymore.

Where are talking about? My wife's school was open today and will be open tomorrow unless there really is a storm. Here in southern Ontario in the winter, the school bus cancel at a hint of snow, and the schools close if there is more than a couple of inches. If the town is a small town close to the beach on the southern corner it may be smart to have the school closed tomorrow. If the schools that bad one less won't hurt.

LaTeacher

Bronze
May 2, 2008
somehow i think maybe what happened was lost in translation... or, perhaps, the gringo didn't know there was no school today and then when his kid got turned away didn't know why and jumped to conclusions.

there is no public school in santiago tomorrow - but not because of the storm!

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
my mum used to tell me that when she was a kid schools would close when temperature dropped below -22 celsius. back in those days she'd have weeks off, lucky her. never happened when i was a child. and what an irony of fate to know that after i finished my education winter temperaures started getting lower again and few last years schools kept on getting closed on the account of snow and cold. darn it!