Casa del Mar

G

GRAHAM

We will be taking two young children to the resort in March. From past D.R. experiences we are wary of the food/water, especially with children. Has anyone had any problems at Casa del Mar? Are there any restaurants in town that serve simple, safe food? Thanks

R

Rebecca

Hi, I just got back. I am sure that you will have a wonderful time. The whole place is great for kids. They even have a toddler pool and I play ground. I did not bring my little girl, but spent the whole time wishing that I had. I have never seen a better beach for kids. Harding any waves. I've been to the DR about 5 times now. I always get a little sick from the water or food or something. I would be careful and only drink bottled water (including brushing your teeth). I am sure that they will be fine. Most kids are more resilant than adults. They have a great variety of food. For lunch ou will find fish and plantains as well as pizza and hamberger. For breakfast they had eggs, bacon, fruit, ceral, bread, toast, juice.

Have fun!

Rebecca

G

GRAHAM

Thanks Rebecca for your response. Very encouraging! (And hello from the great white north -- a.k.a. Toronto)

S

Susan

Rebecca: Where did you go for the 5 times? Which was the best? You've obviously had plenty of experience of DR so it would be interesting to know what you think.

J

JENNIFER

I am also from T.O. and I will be at Casa del Mar in February for a week. This is my second time at Casa del Mar as I went in Feb of 98. We LOVE the resort. Its amazing for everyone. The food is wonderful. and the drinks are good. I reccomend some immodium just in case and also bug spray because my friend was eaten alive by mosquitos last year (She also has bug allergies) Altogether it is the best resort in the Dominican Republic and arguably in the entire Carribean. I have been to the DR 7 times and I think Casa del Mar is by far the best resort I have been to.

I was wondering if the water in the ocean is clear there this year. ANyone who has been there can answer this for me. Last year it was murky but I think that may have had to do with the tides. Please post here or email me personally if anyone has any info....

HAVE FUN!!

DR CRAZY, Jensita

R

Rebecca

Be careful. I love to talk about the DR. You may get your self into a long conversation!!!

I have only been to the Southeast one time. If was nice, but we did not get out of the area much. We normally get scooters and check out the are more. If I go back I will do that.

We really like to stay in Cabarete. It is on the north coast. We fly into Puerto Plata. One reason why I like it so much is because it is so close to such a large number of diversly different places. It is near Sosua. A wonderful little town with a great beach for swimming and snorkeling. They also have great resturants. Cabarete it self has world class windsurfing and great boggie bording. Then you can always go to Playa grande. One of the most beautiful beaches I have ever seen. Great waves. Last time we went we made the great treck to Las Terrance. I would love to visit there again. Very tranquil. Wonderfull food. We also took an excursion up into the mountains. We found a wonderful view of the ocean and of surrounding valleys, met neet people and bought some great pottery. All of our excursion were on our own. They all made for great adventures (especially since we don't know much spanish).

I have a great lodging deal in Cabarete too if you interested!