Cheap hotel?

North coast newbie

Jul 30, 2006
My friend made the mistake of booking flights into and out of Punta Cana because they were considerably cheaper. I and some friends want to drive him to the airport from Cabarete. Since we are going to be there anyway we thought we would spend a day enjoying the beach. We need a hotel for 5 or 6people for two nights. We do not need AI nor do we need to be on the beach. There must be "regular" hotels, not resorts somewhere in the area. There is nothing on TA. Any ideas?

Reactions: mike l

yb1

Oct 6, 2008
Natural Village

Try the new Natural Village (used to be Hotel Crisali). The new Italian owners have made great improvements. Rooms are clean, crisp and modern (air co, flatscreen tvs). Pool area is very pleasant to chill around. There's a restaurant onsite too.
I believe they are currently offering rooms for 40$US per night.

809 477 6409 ask for Victor Santana (manager)

see map for location (marked as Hotel Crisali) http://puntacanatv.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/PUNTA-CANA-MAP4.jpg

Reactions: mike l

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
Flights to Cabarete been cheaper into the PC Airport???
somebody told ya a nice Ferrytale my friend.
Transfers from Cabarete 2 ways, uopn arrival and again on deprture, and the overnighters even in a cheapy PC Hotel for 40 bucks per night two way, plus the PC Typical Expensive Cabby fares from the Airport to a cheapy overnighter and Viceversa on the Way back out,
Heck,
I wanna see the Calculation where a Flight into PC Intl Been finally Cheaper than a Flight into POP Intl just to stay in Cabarete.

somebody took You up for a very Bad Joke My Friend.
good Luck
Mike

btw,
Cortecito Inn and Capuccino Mare are also 2 good and very reasonable Priced Spots for an overnighter, reasonable for PC Rates of course, they should range around 45-60 bucks per night per room.

DavidZ

Silver
Aug 29, 2005
www.vipcigartours.com
Mike...this is a "trap" many people fall into... the flights into PUJ and other airports are often (much) more than $100 cheaper the POP, and the common misconception is "how far away could Puerto Plata (or Santo Domingo, Samana, etc) be...it's a Caribbean island?" It's rarely a better deal, but it looks good on paper, until you do the math with transportation...not even considering the wasted travel time!

I can't count how many people I know who have flown into SDQ because it was $100 or so cheaper than POP...then spent well over that and/or the better part of a day in each direction in extra travel...

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
it was much longer before,
I would still guess 7hrs would be needed for the Ride at least.
for a 2 Way Travel it is 2 Full long vacation days wasted,
and if Travelling By Cabby those Rides cost a heck of money.
Have Fun
Mike