Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: deleted threads

  1. #1
    Regular
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    88
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default deleted threads

    I like to come in, usually anonymously to review the 'Living' section... That way, when threads are deleted, as I find that happens quite often here... I can at least have a read beforehand.

    Perhaps there should be an alternate section in the forums for non-PC threads, being that the admins here are so super-sensitive not to offend the public.

  2. #2
    Platinum
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Posts
    16,409
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Threads are more often closed but very rarely deleted. If a thread was deleted and you didn't see it I guess you didn't miss much then.

  3. #3
    Gold
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    7,919
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    are you sure about that lol

  4. #4
    Bronze
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    695
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    i had a post deleted the other day....
    thought about why it was and came to a logical reason
    i ain't ready to pay for a libel and neither is the dr1...

    lol at least i learn

  5. #5
    Platinum
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Posts
    12,268
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by woofsback View Post
    i had a post deleted the other day....
    thought about why it was and came to a logical reason
    i ain't ready to pay for a libel and neither is the dr1...
    Very good observation. It is surprising how some members think they can make very serious accusations against individuals and businesses, and then be upset when they are deleted. Just because you are posting using a board name doesn't mean that you have immunity. And I doubt that Robert is going to accept the hit if some poster makes accusations that result in a lawsuit.

    One reason that I have survived 25 years of residency in the DR is because I am smart enough not to make public accusations against powerful citizens or business interests.

  6. #6
    Regular
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    88
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I can see, kind of, why posts against key governmental personnel may be a problem.... I am thinking of more non-PC posts... stuff that does not slander or attack anybody, but as mentioned, is 'not politically correct'.

    There was a case of a British woman who fell into some type of paranoia in the D.R. and secluded herself... she eventually died. Obviously, she was not well for a long-long time. The post about this on DR1 got deleted (as this will probably get deleted as well). Search in BBC News - Home for more details.

  7. #7
    Platinum
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    11,097
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Spinnover View Post
    The post about this on DR1 got deleted (as this will probably get deleted as well).
    The way I look at it, you have three choices:

    1. Buy the board from Robert, I am sure he would sell it for the right price, then you can fire all of the MODS, who for the most part do a pretty good job putting up with losers like yourself.

    2. Accept the way dr1 is and stop whining about what you have no control over, perhaps even contribute something worthwhile occasionally to the community.

    3. Delete the bookmark, and go haunt another house.

    tambo'

  8. #8
    Platinum
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Posts
    16,409
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Spinnover View Post
    I can see, kind of, why posts against key governmental personnel may be a problem.... I am thinking of more non-PC posts... stuff that does not slander or attack anybody, but as mentioned, is 'not politically correct'.

    There was a case of a British woman who fell into some type of paranoia in the D.R. and secluded herself... she eventually died. Obviously, she was not well for a long-long time. The post about this on DR1 got deleted (as this will probably get deleted as well). Search in BBC News - Home for more details.

    Is there something new you wanted to add that we haven't heard yet? If so here's another thread http://www.dr1.com/forums/north-coas...tml#post912320

    Good post Tambo

  9. #9
    Bronze
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    924
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    AFAIK In most forums talking about deleted stuff or banned members is cause to get banned yourself.

  10. #10
    DR1
    Join Date
    May 1999
    Posts
    0
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    If you have issues the way DR1 is run or how you're being treated by a mod, PM the mod or me directly.

    Moaning on the board wins you know friends and eventually you will find you can no longer login to DR1.

    Closed.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •